Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-11-2004, 12:31 PM   #61
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Big crush of course
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 25-11-2004, 12:32 PM   #62
Maerlyn
Abandonia nerd

All girls are lesbians after 2 drinks.
Maerlyn is offline                         Send a private message to Maerlyn
Old 25-11-2004, 12:40 PM   #63
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Let's stop the train here.
Old 26-11-2004, 12:23 AM   #64
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

To get things back on topic...

What I liked about your movies, Stroggy, was that they were original and had power (never boring), power to get your attention and the power to make you think. I l liked the sound effects (voice-over) in the first film because it was effective and alerted you that something mental was about to follow. What I didn't like about the first film was I felt it didn't say anything more than an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon. Some might like shock value just for the sake of it. But I think if you're going to shock, why not give people something to think about as well. Then the film, or whatever, has more going for it, more to offer its audience. The second film did just that - I thought, anyway. I saw it as an interesting twist on the superficial perceptions a few females might have. Instead, you have the guy saying the words and often adding, 'But I'm not gay', which is funny and off-beat at the same time. The third film, cafe au lait , was similar to the second with the guy displaying gay tendencies but dening them at the same time.

You've asked about more details...well, your style is a minimalist one, and I like this because it suits the hard-hitting, no-nonsense dialogue and plot of the films. I think the character artwork could be fine-tuned a little. If you branched into Flash, as you indicated you might be, the results would be awesome. Would be really interested in seeing what you could do with this program.

EDIT
Thought about the first film some more, and it IS funny that beside a 'no spitting' sign there's a decapitated guy. I didn't get this on the first viewing. Hard to tell that he was decapitated. If the head was missing and just a bloodied neck remained , then it'd be more obvious. With great sick humour like this there's no need for extra meaning which I mentioned earlier. *grin*
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree