Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-04-2018, 01:15 AM   #871
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Oh, you're right about that. Well, don't know where they got that info from neither, but it does add spice indeed
I am not sure, but I believe I saved the pages of the original author in MHT years ago.

I’ve already found my old external HD and let’s see if I find the blessed pages.

And then, the site owner, a fan of the old site like me years ago, could add more information.

And unfortunately, this is a sad reality for the old sites, true gems, which have been lost over time.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #872
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

I am not sure, but I believe I saved the pages of the original author in MHT years ago.

I’ve already found my old external HD and let’s see if I find the blessed pages.

And then, the site owner, a fan of the old site like me years ago, could add more information.

And unfortunately, this is a sad reality for the old sites, true gems, which have been lost over time.
I almost finished uploading my personal data, only 01 External HDD to complete the task. *phew* *whew*

I was able to retrieve some data, as far as possible, using Recuva, but I believe the result was not satisfactory. *shrug*
Old 28-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #873
Ducula

Send a message via ICQ to Ducula

Hey,

I just managed to get the game to work with DOSBox, I've never played it before, it looks like great fun. One question: can I get it to run full-screen? I've scanned the last ten pages or so of this thread but haven't found an answer to that question yet.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Ducula is offline                         Send a private message to Ducula
Old 28-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #874
Japo
Autonomous human

With DOSBox press Alt+Enter to change between full screen and window. Works with any game.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #875
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

I've recently made a video (as part of a up and coming Civ related games in HD series) touring what I feel is the best MoM fan remake project out there called Master of Magic – Implode’s Multiplayer Edition, a brilliant Open Source Java MoM engine rebuild that supports larger maps, up to 14 players (either Human or AI), and any modern resolution like HD 4K etc. The only stuff it's missing is AI and some good bug fixing and polishing.

Although sadly it's creator Implode has gone AWOL and the project has been inactive for a while now..

But hopefully one day he'll return to it, or someone else will finish what he started due to it being opensource...

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 10-06-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00
Old 08-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #876
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Too bad. I assume it is the same as the Remakes of Wing Commander Privateer Gemini Gold and Wing Commander: Privateer Remake.

The sale of these games (now compatible with latest Operating Systems) on Online Stores like GOG.com and Origin have contributed to the abandonment of the Remake Projects (MoM and Privateer)?
Old 09-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #877
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Too bad. I assume it is the same as the Remakes of Wing Commander Privateer Gemini Gold and Wing Commander: Privateer Remake.

The sale of these games (now compatible with latest Operating Systems) on Online Stores like GOG.com and Origin have contributed to the abandonment of the Remake Projects (MoM and Privateer)?
I've been meaning to look into those as I'm a big WC Privateer fan! So they never got finished? Such a shame.

--------------

OH MY GOD!!! :O

Looks like I don't have to worry about this unfinished fan remake anymore as it appears we've got an official Master of Magic sequel or Remake on way (courtesy of Slitherine who've bought the rights from Atari's IP dungeon and just made the announcement on their site)!!!

Guess this explains the mysterious Atari activities I noticed recently. Clearly they reacquired MoM so they could sell it to Slitherine for $$$.

I'm such a super fan of this 25 year old game that I run a MoM fans facebook group so as you can image I'm SUPER EXCITED about this news lol.

I can't can't believe that after all these years a real sequel just might be happening now. Sadly most of the old MoM forums are long dead so if there's any fans here who know of a good old MoM2 wishlist/feature request list out there please let me know and I'll go post it over on the Slitherine forums (which I've just signed up to).

They've probably barely started the project yet so now is the time to get fan feature requests and wish list items in front of their faces. If the remaining fan base doesn't speak up now then god knows what sort of game we'll end up with. So now is the time to act!

EDIT: BIG NEWS! Slitherine have indeed spoken to Seravy as they releasing his Caster of Magic as an official DLC to Master of Magic on Steam and GoG!!!
https://blakessanctum.wordpress.com/...m-gog/

EDIT2: On top of that Slitherine have also now setup an official Master of Magic forum! And they've kindly moved my ever growing MoM2 wishlist thread into there too.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=590

EDIT3:
And if all that isn't enough Seravy has hinted that he is working on a Caster of Magic 2! A full MoM rebuild in a new engine with all of CoM's changes built in and much more due to being free of the old games limitations. Eg full 14 wizard salughterfest games!!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Emulation

Last edited by Blake00; 03-05-2021 at 06:58 AM.
Old 21-08-2019, 12:24 AM   #878
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

MOM Fan Remake

Wow! They are certainly good news! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Let’s really hope things work out and can be completed successfully.
Old 24-08-2019, 09:50 AM   #879
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:

Wow! They are certainly good news! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Let’s really hope things work out and can be completed successfully.
Yup, fingers crossed!

Most fans I've talked to so far appear to be mostly wanting MoM with a fresh coat of paint and don't want the wheel reinvented. Some have made some crazy suggestions but generally everything people come up with has already been done in one of the MoM style spin off games (eg Age of Wonders, Warlock, Endless Legend, Sorcerer/Elemental/FE, Worlds of Magic/PQ, Eador, Dominions etc) so such a change would make it feel more like them than a MoM sequel. So they need to update it but also be careful that they don't turn it into something else that has already been done and quite possibly done better.

A few people have joined up and posted their lack of faith in the Slitherine forums under their announcement and they were shot down pretty quick by fans of Slitherines other games, so their customer loyalty is a promising sign at least.

I've never played Fantasy General but apparently they're doing a pretty good job with it. I looked at some of the other games under their name and found some interesting ones..

Polaris appears to be a Master of Orion style game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/4...olaris_Sector/

Pandora appears to be a Alpha Centuari, Civ Beyond Earth / AoW Planetfall sort of game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...First_Contact/

They don't rate highly on steam but they look okay and many of the reviews (even the bad ones) all seem to talk about how hardcore the AI is so that's promising. Yeah they don't look like amazing genre changing games but they actually give me some comfort as it shows they have years of experience with 4x PC strategy gaming. Hopefully they take the good stuff from these stepping stone games and learn from the bad stuff people didn't like and put them to good use with their MoM project. Although it looks like different developers worked on those games and Slitherine just published them, so I wonder who they will put on MoM.

PS is it just me or is Pandora using the same world engine as Warlock? That is so darn similar lol.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 27-08-2019, 10:53 PM   #880
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Slitherine mostly is not developer, but publisher. They will hire someone for the game, I suppose.

Warlock is Russian game. Pandora is German. Different developers, different publishers, so probably coincidence.

Pandora is bearable. But excruciatingly simple. I won from the first attempt, on the "above average" difficulty, if I am not mistaken.

I didn't see Polaris Sector yet, but if you want _good_ MoO2 clone, check Horizon.