Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #21
omg
Games Master

the problem is it doesnt matter if he alieanates the backbenchers. if they think for a second that the backbenchers will vote against him they will bring in the whip. probably force a load of resignations as well.
the whip negates democracy.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 07-07-2005, 11:22 PM   #22
NrmMyth
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 7 2005, 09:26 PM
but by invading other countrys and bombing civilians all we do is create new terrorists.
I didn't meant that.

I meant to find every each of them and kill them slowly, I know that is impossible, but that way it should be.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:17 AM   #23
eolsunder

Sorry but you obviously do not do your homework at all, your entire topic about the spain elections removing members is 100 percent opposite of what happened.

After the terrorist bombing of the madrid train area, there was mass revolt from the populace who believed that the supporters of Bush and the US who sent spain troops to iraq were the reason that terrorists struck at spain.

Those who believed this rallied in the days following the terrorist attack by removing over 30 members of the spain majority congress party, which supported bush and the war. Anzar was a unconditional supporter of bush and the war, 100 percent with the americans in their decisions.

Thus, 2 things happened, both of which are not even close to what your origional topic was about. Neither of these 2 things was the people removing a government that failed to protect them.

1) Terrorists attacked the madrid train area, and stipulated that Spain had better remove their troops from Iraq. Spain and its citizens bowed down to the terrorists and chicked out and removed their troops. They didn't stand up for themselves and tell the terrorists to blow it out their behind. They did what the terrorists wanted.

2) The citizens voted out over 30 members of the Bush/America supporting party about a week after the terrorist attacks, putting in members who were for removing Spain troops from the war and not supporting the American agenda.

So in closing, All that happened was the the terrorists won in Spain during these instances, first by attacking spain, then scaring Spain in to removing troops from the war, and finally into making the citizens vote out American supporters in the Spain congress.

Cowardly spain. Letting terrorists tell them what to do and not to do. If they were real men they would have told the terrorists to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, and eventually they would hunt them down and kill them.

For more info you can check some sites, such as
http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/Wa...inElections.asp
eolsunder is offline                         Send a private message to eolsunder
Old 08-07-2005, 07:16 AM   #24
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

No, hunting down people and killing them is a bad idea. That's the reason that somebody would become a terrorist. It's not worth having a 'war on terrorism' because it's an unwinnable war.

In my opinion the biggest terrorists in the world at the moment are the americans, but that's just my opinion. You can't invade a country just because it has a bad leader. If that was so then the US would be utterly annihilated by now.

5 years from now there's either going to be another american civil war, or people will just grow sick of their crusading. At that point, I would not want to be there.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 08-07-2005, 10:13 AM   #25
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

If you want to blame the american government, fine, but I advice to leave the americans alone.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 08-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #26
eolsunder

Well Im a american and love my country to death, best place in the world I say, but I also have a brain and love arguments, conversations, differences of opinion, all that makes "freedom" great <grin>

Now to reply..

I disagree, killing someone who is trying to kill you isn't bad. There are many people who think killing is bad. Good for you, I wish everyone in the world was like you it would be a far better place. Sadly the world is populated by humans, who have flaws, emotions, problems, and yes, anger. This will always be the case, as long as humans exist there will be fights, anger, war, killing, and all the rest.

And in this world of humans, there will always be disagreements and people who want to kill you. Those who dont want to kill others or disagree with killing, those are the first ones who get killed because they don't fight back. A murderer or terrorist doesn't give a fig if you don't want to kill someone, hes going to kill you either way, because hes a TERRORIST or a MURDERER. Hes not a pet doctor or a street cleaner.

Its called survival, and its a primal human instinct. It will always be so as long as humans exist. If someone is trying to kill you, there is 3 things you can do.

1) Think peaceful thoughts and probably die
2) Kill them first. A dead murderer cannot kill you
3) Think peaceful thoughts and get someone else to kill them

So you have to figure out where you fit. Most people fit in catagory 3, relying on their police and armies to kill enemies. Some join those armies and fit in catagory 2 (called patriots). And lastly, you have the peacenicks who fit in catagory 1, who actually fit in catagory 3.

Lastly, Even though im a american, I agree that america overstepped its bounds in attacking Iraq in the name of "peace" and at this time is just like every other bully country using force to get its goals. Sadly to say.
eolsunder is offline                         Send a private message to eolsunder
Old 08-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #27
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Terrorist and murderers kill for reasons, their point of view may be different from anyone else's and so may their idea of a good reason to kill someone but they have a reason. If there is no reason to kill someone, then they won't.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 08-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #28
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Exactly. And ETA at least tell people when they are about to make an attack, so that innocent people don't get hurt. The Madrid train bombings may well have been an accident, in the same way as the Beslan siege.

IMO ETA would not have killed many people without telling the authorities.

Anyone who makes strikes before anything has been done is a mindless idiot. Invading Afghanistan was unnecessary, Iraq even more so.

Maybe that's just me though, common opinion suggests that attacking people at the nearest hint of terrorism is right. To them I say - Think for a minute, act later.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 08-07-2005, 04:12 PM   #29
Astral
Abandonia nerd

We will don't find the point of view, cause there is not only one!!! BUT

There is nobody on planet that give you the right to kill someone, even the God :angry: !!! who are you to think that they needed the damn west way of life there in the east... But no, there is easiest way to do it, let's bomb them, it is much more fun :not_ok: , Before spelling about killing, if someone just want to kill someone else there is a reason for him to do that... Let's see the reasons first and then talk about killings, this is the easiest way to choose, and the more cowardly, by the way you will not be walking this planet always, just enjoy the trip while you r living, all people can do fine along each other, there is planty of examples around in the nature... Stop being animal's, cause human aren't animal
Astral is offline                         Send a private message to Astral
Old 08-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #30
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Here's another war that the US of A have fought for the wrong reasons in the past 50 years. Vietnam.

I'm not going to say much about Vietnam but aren't you glad those people in South East Asia (Cambodia Laos which were heavily bombed) didn't want revenge and commit terrorist attacks against US targets?

After all, the US military killed 1 million Vietnamese civilians during the war. And these were not VC or NVA (enemy), they were innocent civilians.

What did Vietnam to the USA to deserve such a bloody war? They say Vietnamese torpedo boats attacked a US destroyer. There were no casualties but this gave president Johnson the excuse to send in the marines and escalate the Vietnam War (1964-1970).

Vietnam was not a 'survival war' for the USA.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran