Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #11
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Maybe we should open only a unique thread for all conspiracy planes... :whistle:
Old 04-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #12
omg
Games Master

thing is this is clearly not the *talk about what you want* section as data has once again proved.
so what is it then the *talk about what you want as long as its a subject data aproves of* section?
we need to know.
becuse quite frankly it gets annoying. i keep coming back looking forwards to continuing a debate, or in the humorous threads continuing to have a laugth and all the good threads seem to get shut down, flaming or no.
sometimes a thread gets shut down purly becuse 2 people have made a post each that admins consider to be off topic. so 2 posts off topic, bye bye thread.
yet i have seen threads feautering evryones *buddy* indiginous on one of his little flame crusades and they get left a lone for longer ....
it seems we are not allowed to discuss
religion
sexuality
politics
conspiracys
humour
life in england
so this isnt talk about what you wish. anyone know of another forum with the kind of age range we have here becuse i have been enjoying the debates here , but the hot topics always get closed.
adult only forums suck becuse you get loads of kids on them using the lack of filtering to swear and diss people loads.
like the fbi have a problem with this, please. closing a thread with a *joke* just annoys more people than it amuses. :ranting:
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 04-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #13
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 4 2005, 06:51 PM

it seems we are not allowed to discuss
religion
sexuality
politics
conspiracys
humour
life in england
Someone deleted even my thread "save the traffic cones", maybe it was considered spam... :whistle:

Anyway we can't talk about traffic cones, too! Remember that when you post!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #14
omg
Games Master

one mans spam is another mans humour. but clearly the data we deal with is the pre emotion chip model.
is the bandwidth really that expensive ....
Old 04-07-2005, 07:37 PM   #15
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

One conspiracy thread's fine, and is allowed. Same with one religion thread, or one politics thread, and so on. The problem is that, once one such a thread is made, they come crawling out of the ground like zombies in a bad B-movie. Before you know it, half the first page of Blahx3 is nothing but conspiracy threads, religion threads, politics threads, or whatever else the new fad is. Too much's simply too much.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 04-07-2005, 07:44 PM   #16
omg
Games Master

there were only 3 conspiracy threads. 2 of them were in the spirit of humour. and there is nothing saying *only one thread of a similar subject at any one time*
this is bloody stupid reosening. the threads wernt breeding like rats.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #17
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Maybe there should be, though. Remember the time when the forum was covered in anti-ESA threads?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 04-07-2005, 07:53 PM   #18
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

This site was covered in ESA threads? When did that happen?

Oops, there goes my sarcasm again. Should I edit my post nah don't feel like it.

EDIT: Hm, so we don't like a thread, we should just create a few dozen that are alike. Sorry, it's just my guerilla posting-sense kicking in!
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 04-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #19
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Maybe there should be, though. Remember the time when the forum was covered in anti-ESA threads?rolleyes.gif
that is a completly different thing though. those threads were breeding like rats. the conspiracy threads wernt breeding. if they were new ones would have been created today. i can understand that they dont want us dissing the e.s.a as the e.s.a moniter this site. but whats wrong with discussing conspiracys? if they were on the same level as the anti e.s.a threads more than 3 would have been created. and you cant put all the conspiracys in the same place. it would get to confusing if they were all clumped into one thread. thing is i like discussing conspiracys. andf clearly so do a lot of other people. what the hell are we meant to do? go to other forums? yes i know this is a dos games site but what in the hell is the point of having a 3x blah section if evry hot topic gets closed down? may as well remove it from the damn site so all of us who post the most in the 3x blah section will go somewhere else and stop wasting the oh so precios bandwidth.

dont need to open more than 2 threads on a similar subject to get it closed it seems. so if you dont like the live 8 thread open one on concerts and one on zimbabwe?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #20
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Omg, it's just the way it is, unfortunately.

I know the problem with dedicated conspiracy forums is all those nutcases blabbering about all the stuff that even the X-files writers rejected! LOL LOL LOL

Of course, the dominant type of poster on this forum seems to think us total nutcases. We should just trust our governments. They were correct to do what they did, all in the name of freedom!
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Closed Thread