Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 06-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
iltaska

Fantastic game. I had the table game. Works in XP :brain:
iltaska is offline                         Send a private message to iltaska
Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
fodder

i love this game

Old 07-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #4
JJXB
Pi-voh

just to think i actually have a original tape for c64 of this game :P
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 07-11-2006, 01:54 AM   #5
red_avatar
Administrator

Actually the boardgame here was called Star Quest - I have it :P It was very complicated to me when I was 12 years old, especially because the manual was badly translated from English to dutch, with a lot of English words being directly translated, losing its meaning.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 07-11-2006, 02:42 AM   #6
Drake3

Odd, the game runs very fast on my computer. I am running it with sc.bat and I even tried adjusting the speed down to /1 (1%) but it still runs just as fast. It is almost as if moslo isn't working for me.

I also tried using dosbox, but the mouse acts funny. The game cursor is stuck in the middle. My arrow cursor is visible and I can move it, but the game cursor only responds to the clicks, not the movement. The game doesn't let me click on anything with the arrow cursor.

Now, I can play it in the fast state, (with less enjoyment) but I have another problem. I cannot seem to fire at anything. If I click the fire button, a yellow grid is flashed for a moment and disappears. If I hold the left click on the fire button, the yellow grid stays up, but I cannot do anything until I let go of the button and then it disappears again. This could be related to the speed, perhaps it is clicking too fast for me to keep it up. Also, if I enter the isometric view through the use of the button in the lower-left corner, I cannot seem to escape it. If I click the button again, it flashes the 2D view, then it goes back to the isometric one. As before, if I hold it, it will stay on the 2D view until I release, but I cannot do anything till then.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Drake3 is offline                         Send a private message to Drake3
Old 07-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #7

Quote:
I also tried using dosbox, but the mouse acts funny. The game cursor is stuck in the middle. My arrow cursor is visible and I can move it, but the game cursor only responds to the clicks, not the movement. The game doesn't let me click on anything with the arrow cursor.

[/b]
i have same mouse prob with dosbox (missing mouse driver maybe?)

but it wont run at all in xp . it says there's not enough memory!!!!!?
i've tried changing the compatability to win 98 ect but still no go

any ideas chaps?

Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Run it in a real DOS OS and use a CPU killer utility (like Mo'slo) to slow down the game. I had to slow down my DX4/100 486 machine down to 20% for the game to work right.

Drake: Which version of Dosbox are you using? Personally, I'd try at least three, that being 0.61, 0.63 and 0.65. You can have more then one copy of DosBox installed at a time, remember.

Remember this little game from back when I still had my poor 486 ( sob, sob).
Was fun for a while, but eventually it started to get boring.

By the way, one of the Imperial Fist order cards ("Heavy Weapon", I think it was called) has a bug that if exploited will allow you an unlimited number of moves and shots in the turn you use it.

I have MOD files with the music for this game somwhere in my archive. Will look them up this evening and send them onto Abandonia's FTP.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
Falcoix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Nov 7 2006, 03:54 AM) [snapback]265604[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Actually the boardgame here was called Star Quest - I have it :P It was very complicated to me when I was 12 years old, especially because the manual was badly translated from English to dutch, with a lot of English words being directly translated, losing its meaning.
[/b]
The Star Quest tabletop was crap deluxe!!!
I had the german version and the naming of the aliens was terrible.
F.e. Androids were named "robotlings" which gave them a neat name - but they´re not neat...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drake3 @ Nov 7 2006, 04:42 AM) [snapback]265606[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Please hit Control + F10 to lock the mouse. Please read the DOSBox Readme for more hotkeys & infos.

Hmmm.... the category of the game does not fit on the mainpage. It´s not action - it´s strategy (because it´s a turn based strategy game. There´s also a small typo in the text... are instead of area) (OK, not important, but true)
<_<

Have fun playing and always take more than one squad to each mission...

regards,

Falcoix
Falcoix is offline                         Send a private message to Falcoix
Old 07-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
Thaluikhain

SPACE CRUSADE!

Ah...probably a really stupid question, but where does it tell you where the words you type in to get round the piracy thing at the front are?
Thaluikhain is offline                         Send a private message to Thaluikhain