Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Ok, so we have nearly two thousand threads in the Requests forum. Many of these are for one reason or another practically obsolete, yet putting them into the forum's trashcan isn't a good idea.

So, I'd like to suggest creating two sub-forums, "On site" and "Rejected" to which according threads can be moved so that they don't clutter the main Requests forum.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Yes, but then the "requestees" must be aware of the thread being moved, so they won't think it has been removed.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

As subforums, both would show up in the main Requests forum, much the same like Troubleshooting Archive does for Troubleshooting.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #4
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Just two small questions:
1- where would the requests be made, in the "On site" or in the "Rejected" ? (maybe in none of them )
2- how will that prevent people for keep asking for the same games over and over again? (I guess people won't look up in these subforums more than they actually look at the troubleshouting archive - they'll create a new thread right away to ask for it).
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 13-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
1- where would the requests be made, in the "On site" or in the "Rejected" ?[/b]
In neither. In fact, both of the subforums would primarily serve archiving purposes, and normal users should only be capable of viewing them, not posting.
Requests would be made as they were before, in the main Requests forum.

Quote:
2- how will that prevent people for keep asking for the same games over and over again? (I guess people won't look up in these subforums more than they actually look at the troubleshouting archive - they'll create a new thread right away to ask for it).[/b]
How does the "list of games that are definitely not abandoned" or indeed the ubiquitous Search function prevent people from doing that?
The first is fairly visible, yet people keep asking (I closed another Fallout thread just a week ago).
The other isn't too difficult to use either.

In fact, I'm halfway through writing a new rules sticky for the Requests forum, one that should work much better then the current stickies (which due to their sheer amount may be confusing for newbies and older members alike).

So, while it may or may not reduce the number of repeated requests for games, it will result in making viable past requests easier to locate.

-- Reed Richards
Old 16-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Would it be an idea to have evey request that has been adressed alphabetically, to ease the search? Also: Ab could have this forum as the "main request forum", so new "requestees" won't miss it if they want to request a game already listed there. Then, if the game isn't listed there, they can go to the ordinary request forum.
Old 16-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That would be an idea. Only if people actually gave a damn about proper naming of their threads, rather then "kewl game I want" "my requests" "u absloutely have to addit" and the like.

-- Reed Richards
Old 16-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 16 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]267254[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That would be an idea. Only if people actually gave a damn about proper naming of their threads, rather then "kewl game I want" "my requests" "u absloutely have to addit" and the like.
[/b]
All praise the power of the Mods, then