Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #191
pellets

Why ESA.... WHY....

*crying my heart out*

If u don't get a rush out of it. It AINT worthy.

Live Hard! Die Slow!

[font=Impact][font=Impact][font=Impact][size=7][font=Courier][size=7][color=blue]
pellets is offline                         Send a private message to pellets
Old 13-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #192
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

coughgooglecough
Old 15-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #193
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Oh! Ah! ESA well it's there, nothing anyone can do about it .
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 27-09-2007, 03:10 AM   #194
Jus'Me

I've read this whole thread and multiple walkthroughs, searched Google, etc., can't find any answer to my problem. Hopefully someone here can help!

I'm on Day...12? The Sheriff's men are sweeping the forest again. I can walk around my camp, the widow's cottage, the outlook, Watling Street, and the willow grove unhindered. But the second I walk into any part of the generic forest or the oak grove, I get the "stop hand" cursor and am instantly attacked by soldiers -- thus I'm unable to run, access my cursors, or turn into a tree.

To clarify, I'm not stuck on the mechanics of turning into a tree. I was quite successful with the hand code the first time while escaping the soldiers. But the second time doesn't even give me the chance to try. Is this a bug, do I need a slowdown program (I'm already using DOSbox), or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Old 27-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #195
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jus'Me @ Sep 27 2007, 05:10 AM) [snapback]313378[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I'm on Day...12? The Sheriff's men are sweeping the forest again. I can walk around my camp, the widow's cottage, the outlook, Watling Street, and the willow grove unhindered. But the second I walk into any part of the generic forest or the oak grove, I get the "stop hand" cursor and am instantly attacked by soldiers -- thus I'm unable to run, access my cursors, or turn into a tree.
[/b]
Very strange :blink: I've played the Amiga version without problem and the only things that may be different are:
1) i simply run on a location with one druid tree and automatically Robin will be transformed into a tree (no need of code ).
2) the amiga emulator automatically set up the perfect speed (of the amiga processor) so the game run at the right speed.

I don't know if even in the PC version is possible to run on a location with a druid tree and automatically be changed onto a tree..... try... just in case

Try also to slow down Dosbox speed, i remember that if i had lost even only few seconds ... sherif's men caught Robin and the game is over (so if your PC/Dosbox speed is too high the game run so fast that you can't do nothing).
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 28-09-2007, 02:04 AM   #196
Jus'Me

Thanks for your tips, Incappucciato d'Ombra. PC version doesn't seem to give you any help -- no automatic tree-morphing! I also tried slowing everything (in-game speed and DOSbox speed) way down, which made the game crawl but didn't fix the problem. I ended up going back to a saved game, just before the first time the Sheriff's men swept the forest. Rather than going to the Ancient Oak (where the Green Man lives), as I did the first time, I went to the Ash Grove SW of the widow's cottage. Played the game through to the second sweep, returning to the Ash Grove, and had time to run, access cursors, and turn into a tree again. Problem solved! Must've just been a weird bug/glitch I ran into. Hopefully this will help anybody else who might have this same problem.

Thank goodness for Abandonia and its forums!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #197
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

That's good Jus'Me...I am happy for you ! Never had this problem myself though!
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 18-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #198
CBK
Lurker

This game should be added for download it's not protected by the ESA anymore. Christy Marx who did all the writing for Conquests of the Longbow has made the game free.

http://www.christymarx.com/writing/robin.htm
CBK is offline                         Send a private message to CBK
Old 02-02-2008, 06:01 AM   #199
bannan
Lurker

Default download

I feel stupid, but Ive looked all over the page and i cant see the download link, help me!
bannan is offline                         Send a private message to bannan
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #200
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

You cannot see the download link simply because the game is still protected, instead of the download link you can see the "ESA- NO GO" picture (or is a link? then perhaps i verify )

As for the post of CBK, i think that must be verified and only then the download link will replace the esa no go
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra