Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
rossrover8

Default a little disappointed...

just registered...which was OK and fairly straight forward....when trying to download sent to another "registry" where my credit card number was requested even though registry was free. "not cool guys.." Be pros..this makes you look a bit iffy! I work with security all day and I would be violating the first principle of my own advice.
rossrover8 is offline                         Send a private message to rossrover8
Old 18-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi rossrover8,

First of all, I am so sorry you had this experience. Unfortunately, there is some ad placement beyond our control at the moment and the ad content is very misleading. All games on Abadonia are free to download, without any user details necessary.

I hope you still fee comfortable to be part of our community, and I will be forwarding this complaint to our dev team.
Old 18-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

http://www.abandonia.com/en/faq
Quote:
Do I need to register to download games?
No.
Registration on the site enables you to use our forums as a full user (guests have limited access to them) and access the ISO Cellar forum section.

Do I need to give you my credit card details?
No. We do not request that sort of information.
If you encounter a page demanding those of you when you attempt to download a game, this means you clicked one of the advertisements instead of the download button.

Do I have to pay or donate to download or play the games? Is there any sort of a membership fee?
In short: No. Never.
No self-respecting abandonware site would charge its' users. Doing that is one of the fastest ways for a site to get sued out of existence.
Therefore we don't charge our users for anything in any fashion - hidden or otherwise.
The ad spaces around the download button were placed there by the site owners. We have no control over their actions whatsoever.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
rossrover8

Default Thank You...My faith is restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
Hi rossrover8,

First of all, I am so sorry you had this experience. Unfortunately, there is some ad placement beyond our control at the moment and the ad content is very misleading. All games on Abadonia are free to download, without any user details necessary.

I hope you still fee comfortable to be part of our community, and I will be forwarding this complaint to our dev team.
You have answered very quickly which is very good..and yes I was able to download (after reading your reply..)without my credit card number using the big "GET IT" arrow. Just above the arrow is the HUGE buttons I referred to which says "Download Full Version"...makes it sound like that's the way to go. Anyway your reply cleared it up for me and I hope your Dev team can get these adds placed differently. GREAT SITE & GREAT RESPONSE.

Richard
rossrover8 is offline                         Send a private message to rossrover8
Old 18-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi Richard,

I'm glad we could be of help!

I've contacted the site technical staff and while there is not much we can do about the ad placement for now, the text of the actual download button will be amended so it is much clearer for everybody. Thank you for letting us know
Old 20-03-2013, 02:29 AM   #6
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

I hate that blasted phishing ad >_<

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 31-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
http://www.abandonia.com/en/faq

The ad spaces around the download button were placed there by the site owners. We have no control over their actions whatsoever.
heh where to stick another ad... i guess they don't only use one addservice...

anyway re: ads i was offered russian women in one of them
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 31-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Please report any ads that have content like that, because as far as I know, they can report nsfw ads.