Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:24 AM   #11
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

How about The Oxford companion to the History of Science?

I haven't read the book, but it sounds promising. Reading through the history of science would give you an insight on how it changed peoples lifes and the society. For instance, ponder on the ramifications of the steam engine NOT being discoved. How would society look?

I can see why your teacher would want you to read. It's too easy to get pre-written essays and articles on vitually every topic on the net, so it's hard to say wether you copied them or wrote it yourself. The topics is very interesting indeed, I'd like to read your essay when it's done. Please consider posting is k:

Well, good luck with it, anyway!
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 10-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #12
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by vipin@Oct 10 2005, 07:47 AM

at last I am still hopeless! please help me with something available on internet. I am not able to find anything on Google.
If anyone of you know some sources please tell.
I have tried wikipedia.com to search for definitions of science, technology but all help will be appreciated!
To be quite honest, I don't think internet resources like Wikipedia are a good idea. Very few teachers would accept them as a reliable source of information...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 10-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by vipin@Oct 10 2005, 09:47 AM
at last I am still hopeless! please help me with something available on internet.
Well there's always Project gutenberg (it's a website containing tousand of e-books you can download.

but the more recent works aren't available. You could still get excelent stuff. But why don't you simply go to the library?

Wikipedia should not be your source - you need to do the research yourself! read a few things (I think magazine articles will be fine) and I'm sure you can find all you need at the library - if you simply go there. I'm more then convinced, thats the whole point of this assingment - to make people go there and I wouldn't be surprised if the teacher who gave you this assignment talket to the library people to report who acctually came. I've done that to my studnts as well and failed two, because they simply copy/pasted stuff off a website!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-10-2005, 05:53 PM   #14
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

That's one huge topic! Once you get started, you may find that writing 500 words on the subject is not nearly as difficult as writing only 500 words on the subject.