Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 05-08-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
swiss
who's not Swiss

Didn't know there was a series of Robinons requiem ... What are the other parts ? And is it a connected story of just the same type of game ?

Looks nice. I think I'll try it out ..
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 05-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Meh, i'd play this game, but I can't get it running fast enough in DOSbox. Computer isn't fast enough to bring it past 10000 cycles without slowing down once more. Oh well hehe, if anyone has any tricks to get this running in VDMsound, tell me?
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 05-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #4
chickenman
Hero Gamer

Enjoy the game.

Post any questions \ comments or problems in here k:
chickenman is offline                         Send a private message to chickenman
Old 05-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Does anybody know how I got stranded on this planet and whether there are any additional hard objectives at first (besides staying alive)?
And does anyone know if (and how) I can use knifes and spears in melee combat?
Old 05-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #6
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Doubler@Aug 5 2005, 09:34 PM
Does anybody know how I got stranded on this planet and whether there are any additional hard objectives at first (besides staying alive)?
And does anyone know if I can use knifes and spears in melee combat?
I found this on another site...

Quote:

What is DEUS? You are DEUS - a bounty hunter in the 22nd century. Terrorists have captured the scientific research station on planet Alcibiade. Your mission is to kill the terrorists, save the station and collect your money. But big challenges threaten your progress: jungles; swamps; traps; puzzles; cannibals; blobs; Samurai robots and baby Yetis, just to name a few. With all these enemies, beware of changing from the Bounty Hunter to the Bounty.

Play DEUS two ways, role playing or arcade. Go role playing and get complex. Experience real time simulation of life parameters like heart rate, injuries, fatigue and poisoning. Feeling more aggressive? Switch to arcade mode, grab a weapon and waste everything in your path. That's two modes of killing for the price of one!

Navigate through temples, caverns, and huts while avoiding traps and solving puzzles. To add to your trouble, there are over 40 enemies to fight. But don't worry, grab an axe or a rocket launcher from your arsenal and you should be able to survive. And don't forget to keep track of your food, energy, health and blood pressure; you wouldn't want to bite it because of a little heart condition.
Oh, and another thing. I classified this game as a simulation, but I sort of feel it doesn't belong there... I put RR in RPG because of the stats, Deus however seems to tend a little more to action-adventure... how do you all feel about this?
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 05-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #7
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Doesnt matter to me.

Listen, theres this part where I find a tent with medical supplies etc, in it. How do I enter the tent? I can see the stuff, I just can't get what to press to enter the tent. Its really frustrating.

And what's with the fortress thing? I can't figure out how to get in without being killed.

And the bow+arrow are impossible to aim.

All in all the game would be great if the interface didnt suck. It took me close to an hour to figure out how to move around a shoot. Its really dumb.

And another thing: when the guy gets delirious, how do you find water AND drink it when you get there?
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 05-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #8
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

If I press ins I get mouse control over the character (while using the directional keys to move). It makes normal play a lot easier.
All weapons are thrown, though. You can't use a knife for melee combat, I gather?
Old 06-08-2005, 01:12 AM   #9
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Heh, no help for me eh. Stupid slow computer....Oh well. I have been planning on playing Wasteland and getting into that. This looks really fun though, and the only way I can run it fast enough, is with VDMsound, but (from what I can tell) there's no way to run this with VDMsound.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 06-08-2005, 05:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Reup@Aug 5 2005, 08:51 PM
Oh, and another thing. I classified this game as a simulation, but I sort of feel it doesn't belong there... I put RR in RPG because of the stats, Deus however seems to tend a little more to action-adventure... how do you all feel about this?
Its better say about that game RPG instead of human simulation

anyway update links

If you liked this game, you should also try: Robinsons Requiem