Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Alduin Silas

Unhappy Warlords 2 issues

Following the Fifth Horseman's instructions to the letter, I got Warlords 2 Deluxe's install to the point of almost working. Two rather important issues remain however.
1) When I try any of the sound setup options to get the sound working, the driver just doesn't work, start or anything, giving me a generic "Driver not recognised". So I turned it off entirely to see if it would at least work without sound.
2) The Erythea Shield Set is "missing", causing the game to fade to black and announce the issue before resetting back to Norton Commander.
I am an utter noob, I admit that, but I'm not entirely sure I'm at fault, unless I've overlooked something.

Last edited by Alduin Silas; 23-10-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Alduin Silas is offline                         Send a private message to Alduin Silas
Old 23-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

1. What setup options are you given?
2. This may be an issue with incorrect paths or with corrupted data. Exact error message? Where is the game located at in respect to your C mount?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Alduin Silas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
1. What setup options are you given?
2. This may be an issue with incorrect paths or with corrupted data. Exact error message? Where is the game located at in respect to your C mount?
1) For the sound setup options, I am given a list of about 9 different sound fx cards, sound blaster, sb pro, Adlib Gold, sb clone, sb 16, sb awe32, and so forth, but regardless of which one I use, it says. "Unable to load driver. Try a different configuration."
So I turned off the music an tried to use W2.exe (logical start game option), but then it tells me I have to use the warlords 2 batch file to start the game. No biggie, I open that, and it announces in warlords text.
"Warlords II cannot run because the Erythea shield set is missing. Please re-install this shield set."
2)As for where it is, I followed your guide to the letter, making a folder called oldgames directly on the C drive, and put the folder for W2Deluxe in it.
Alduin Silas is offline                         Send a private message to Alduin Silas
Old 23-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The default configuration for legacy soundblaster cards is adress 220, interrupt (IRQ) 5 and DMA 1.

I am yet to find a game in which this configuration don't work.
Old 24-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Alduin Silas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
The default configuration for legacy soundblaster cards is adress 220, interrupt (IRQ) 5 and DMA 1.

I am yet to find a game in which this configuration don't work.
If that is the case, then I imagine something in my game files has gone ping, because it doesn't work. Either that or it's not compatible with the audio system my laptop uses.