Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Default Leisure Suits in HD

That is a picture of the upcoming remake of the Leisure Suit Larry. Its coming to every possible platform (Except Wiiware, much to my annoyance) and Al Lowe is along the ride.

This is actually old news. Looking at the developers site, it seems it was announced around June. The project is now going full steam ahead, and the release will be around first quarter of 2012.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/exclu...returns-in-hd/

So, its Kings Quest from Telltale (Yes, they have rights for that) and Larry from company I've never heard of. Now can someone please, PLEASE, pick up Space Quest?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 11-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Panthro
Man of Science

Not much of a need to remake LSL1 again... the previous remake was decent enough wasn't it? Though perhaps not for the youth of today...

Two things make me hopeful though, that they have Al Lowe on board, and that they might remake the others in the series. I'd actually be tempted to play them again.

As far as Space Quest goes, we have a SQ1 remake, and there's IA's version of SQ2 on the way. Just need a SQ3 remake and they'll all be in VGA. I'd suggest SQ6 shows that the series had gone as far as it could, that was truly an awful game (which I never could finish). Loved SQ1-5 though.

Quest for Glory on the other hand, there's a game that needs brought back. I'd prefer if they started with a 2D de-make of QFG5 though.
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

As far as the Sierra's remakes go, I thought most of them were sub-par and could have looked better.

And remaking gives change to do some real improvements now that its not being made by Sierra. Although I like Sierra's adventure games, lets be honest here; the gameplay could use improvement. They were confusing and unforgiving. Make it more user friendly so you dont suffer too much for not picking that toothpick at the bar.

Not to mention, they might get change to rewrite it a bit, make it more funnier and, most importantly, include voice acting.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 12-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I just played LSL1VGA last week. It was actually decent as far as Sierra remakes go. The only one I really hate is the Police Quest remake.

And there's a definitely a need for a remake. I wouldn't compare a low-resolution remake from 20 years ago with a high resolution remake with all new enhanced graphics. I hope other Sierra games get this sort of treatment. I just hope it doesn't use static backgrounds, and does something similar to the Monkey Island remakes instead.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rry-come-again

Oh come ON! Why do they need a Kickstarter for this project?! I thought they had everything ready and could perform this without resorting to ask for fan money?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Ran over budget, perhaps?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Maybe, but this is a remake of a simple adventure game thats also meant to be played on a iPhone. You'd think they'd have planned enough money for that.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Panthro
Man of Science

I'd understand more if the money was going towards a second game (or remakes of the other games), but after a year they have shown very little progress (the only screenshot I've seen is still that first one of Lefty's Bar).

Was tempted to throw a bit of money towards it, but LSL was never a favourite of mine (and the first game already has a decent VGA remake).
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I heard about this last year, and thought it had just fell of the side of the world. The Kickstarter really could be anything, but I don't remember them saying they were going for multi platform release, they might have hit a snag there what with the different rules they have. Also I think Al Lowes involvement would have been along the lines of "That looks nice, don't ruin my game.".
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I will pay real cash money gold dubloons and chocolate coins to see any old adventure games become ipad ported. I like this project.