Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-09-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
MagnusX
Forum hobbit

Default Forgotten oldies, want to play em again.

I'm looking for quite a few old games, some that appeared in the collection 100 great action arcade games. (dunno which volume, might be 1)

First off, a dos game with platforming, puzzle-solving and action, side scrolling as well. It was a guy who was in a ungle fighting his way around getting through platforming obstacle ala Flashback style gameplay. I remember the game over screen had a skull that had either a snake going through its eye or a spider. there was a level where a Dragon or some beast eats a sacrificed girl and chases you. You could use a fairy in a cage as a sacrifice to slow him down at some point in the escape.

Next game is one that appeared in the collection stated above. You choose your race, your name, the look of your ship from a selection of pre-designed ships, and a few other options. It plays as a top down flight action/space colonization game where you steal resources and such from other planets in the galaxy. The ai would have a ship of his own and does the same thing as you, upgrading new weapons and armor for his ship while harvesting from small to medium sized planets which prepares them for colonization.

I would love to know the names of the games mentioned above and whether they are available for download either here or on another site. (safe from viruses I hope)

There are other games I'm looking for to download:

Mortuum, picture speaks for itself:

Firefight (might have been developed by EA, I remember the game starts off with a normal guys voice saying the 3 publisher/developer names and the name of the game)

Your help will be very, very much appreciated. Hopefully it will help others as well.
MagnusX is offline                         Send a private message to MagnusX
Old 21-09-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Firefight was by Epic Megagames (back when their games were Mega), but it isn't on MobyGames (I think HotU has it, but it's down ), Epic Classics don't sell it, and there are no used copies on Amazon. I think, if someone has it, they could upload it, but I can't approve it. That's what a moderator is for. I think I have a shareware version somewhere. :amused:

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 21-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #3
MagnusX
Forum hobbit

Ah so that clarifies the developper, could have sworn it sounded like he said EA. :bleh:

Thanks for the help on that man, a shareware would be nice too actually, it was what I played since my uncle had it on a cd with multiple games on it, never owned the full version. Judging from what your saying, this game should officially be declared abandoned to become freeware, but it might not be currently.

Is HotU another abandonware site?
Old 21-09-2008, 02:45 AM   #4
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Yeah, Home of the Underdogs. It's been down for a bit, but I saw a Google link to Firefight on it. I'll see if I can find the CD that it was on.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 21-09-2008, 03:01 AM   #5
MagnusX
Forum hobbit

Oh them! xD can't believe I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I don't really like how their site is put together, not to mention it takes a long while to load certain pages, but yeah they do have a lot in their database, checked their site first for Crusader before I found this site a long while back.
Old 21-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The first game is Bermuda Syndrome. I'm 99% sure of that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

Is FireFight OK? Got it already uploaded.
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli
Old 21-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
MagnusX
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
The first game is Bermuda Syndrome. I'm 99% sure of that.
hmm, does the game your mentioning look like this?

The game I'm remembering doesn't look like that, or at least the main character didn't look like him. He had a black tanktop with what looked like a black mullet with a green bandana. Does this game have a level that I mentioned in my first post? I'll play this one if its available for free download to check it out in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermuli
Is FireFight OK? Got it already uploaded.
Uploaded here on Abandonia? I'll check if so, thanks man.