Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #551
Undertaker
Super Freak

Sorry I'm so late. It completely slipped my mind. Anyway, here are the savegames. I hope to receive information about the hex-editing soon.

Credits go to the guy with the nickname Reanimator, not me!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 06-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #552
Vicarious

Having trouble playing the game I lets me choose a character but then the screen goes black and nothing happens any advice on what to do? (New at playing old dos games so any help will be appreciated.)
Vicarious is offline                         Send a private message to Vicarious
Old 06-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #553
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Download DosBox from here and try to run the game in it. Also here you can find a manual for the DosBox with description of all commands and how to run it.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 23-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #554
humorguy
Super Freak

Saphire, thanks for the walkthrou and maps DHL link. Very good indeed!

I am playing the speech version, which makes the game 10x better! But one little thing can show you how games are not the same any more. And that is just watching the intro and seeing the little goblin running to his Mistress and having to take a little breather in the middle of the stairs! That was probably no more than a few minutes work and yet it shows how the developers/publishers thought. Even a character killed straight away gets a personality by that little breather at the top of the stairs! In any modern game, that gremlin would run up those stairs in one go and not be out of breath at the top because the developer/publisher would say 'lets save a couple bucks by not bothering, given the character is a bit part!' That's if they would even give it even that much thought!

So that little guy, taking a breather halfway up the stairs is a little thing, but it says so much!

humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 23-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #555
Scatty
Treasure hunter

That's what I liked about the early Westwood games, they always produced a feeling of a real, lively world where the player was a part of it. Certainly made with love for detail and the work.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 27-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #556

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Jan 23 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]276179[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That's what I liked about the early Westwood games, they always produced a feeling of a real, lively world where the player was a part of it. Certainly made with love for detail and the work.
[/b]
Can't get it to work. I am using an up to date sytem. Is it even posible? I have tried almost everything.

Old 27-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #557
humorguy
Super Freak

try DOSBox with the front end for it D-Fend.
Old 28-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #558
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(humorguy @ Jan 23 2007, 08:03 PM) [snapback]276164[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Saphire, thanks for the walkthrou and maps DHL link. Very good indeed!

I am playing the speech version, which makes the game 10x better! But one little thing can show you how games are not the same any more. And that is just watching the intro and seeing the little goblin running to his Mistress and having to take a little breather in the middle of the stairs! That was probably no more than a few minutes work and yet it shows how the developers/publishers thought. Even a character killed straight away gets a personality by that little breather at the top of the stairs! In any modern game, that gremlin would run up those stairs in one go and not be out of breath at the top because the developer/publisher would say 'lets save a couple bucks by not bothering, given the character is a bit part!' That's if they would even give it even that much thought!

So that little guy, taking a breather halfway up the stairs is a little thing, but it says so much!
[/b]
You know, I never looked at it that way. But you're completely right! Lands of Lore is a true masterpiece; best game I've ever played.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 28-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #559
KiLL4H

hey!!!
this is one of the greatest games ever
but i doesn't work on my pc... :wallbash:
i've installed xp on my pc can somebody help me ???
i don't know why it doesn't work plzzzz help meee

Old 28-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #560
humorguy
Super Freak

We will need a little more information than that/ Are you using DOSBox? If not google it and download it. If you are what is going wrong? More info needed!!!!