Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #531
Guest_Smokey_*

I know the addresses for the shared inventory is constant and I do have all the addresses.

What I meant is that the hex codes for each item changes as you move along, and trying to get new items just gives me "Illegal Item". So for example, how do you hex edit a Greatsword early in the game?

Old 04-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #532
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Is there any sort of logic for item hexcodes? You might try to work from there.
Otherwise, just keep trying.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #533
Undertaker
Super Freak

Uh, don't know if this is any help, but a friend of mine once sent me a ZIP with a savegame with some nice items not to be found anywhere in the game. A guy with the nickname Reanimator made them. Maybe you'd like me to upload it at Rapidshare?
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 12-12-2006, 05:22 AM   #534

Is that savegame late in the game? If so, I don't think it will help in hex editing items early in the game.

Can anyone confirm the lower/upper limits of HP/MP gain for all characters during level up?

I did some testing with Michael, and these are the results

Michael
Starts with 20 HP and 6 MP

Fighter: 6-22 HP per level
one much earlier post says 12-25, but I've gotten from 6-11, however can't confirm 23-25

Rogue: 2-12 HP per level

Mage: 1-6 HP, 12-25 MP per level

Old 12-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #535
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 12 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]271351[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is that savegame late in the game? If so, I don't think it will help in hex editing items early in the game.

Can anyone confirm the lower/upper limits of HP/MP gain for all characters during level up?

I did some testing with Michael, and these are the results

Michael
Starts with 20 HP and 6 MP

Fighter: 6-22 HP per level
one much earlier post says 12-25, but I've gotten from 6-11, however can't confirm 23-25

Rogue: 2-12 HP per level

Mage: 1-6 HP, 12-25 MP per level
[/b]
The savegame is from the very start of the game.

I think Fighter upper and lower limits vary each character. Any other character than the main characters can get up to 25, I believe.
Rogue and Mage are correct. Ak'shel can gain up to 35, though. Maybe is lower limit is higher as well.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 12-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #536
Guest_Smokey_*

Yes, please upload that savegame?
Are you still in contact with that friend who sent you the savegame? Maybe he knows how the item hex codes work in LOL.

About the Fighter level HP for Michael...although my results were 6-22, it doesn't mean that 23-25 can't be gotten for him. Maybe I was just really unlucky. I've tried about 100 times and I've only gotten 22 ONCE.

Old 13-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #537
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can use Attachments in this forum to upload the savegame here. It will stay until you choose to remove it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-12-2006, 06:51 PM   #538

what is the code to return to the castle, because when im tried the guard ask me a password please help me.

Old 17-12-2006, 03:38 AM   #539
Vlad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 10 2005, 12:33 AM) [snapback]93102[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Help! The game doesn't work for me! After I choose my guy, the screen goes black and all I hear is this annoying beeping sound! ARGH!
[/b]
It will work with DOSBox, although there may be a way to run it without it.

Old 17-12-2006, 03:51 AM   #540
Vlad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bobbin @ Apr 9 2005, 01:52 AM) [snapback]92689[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mahahelel@Apr 9 2005, 03:22 AM
Umm, i cant use item, or don't understand how can someone help me. :blink:
I also can't seem to get the password right
what is the item you can't use, or what do you want to do?

the manual for the password protection is posted above. this should help you out.
[/b]

I started playing the game and got to the first password. I answered it correctly using the manual and had no problems. So I continue to play through absolute Hell because I refuse to use walkthroughs and so on (either that or I just suck at playing games)- and I sell Hell because I invested hours playing the game 'the hard way.' Anyway, all of a sudden I'm asked for a password again. No problem, right? I go to the manual to answer the question being asked by some old hag ghost woman and I fail and get booted to DOSBox. I'm not a complete idiot, and am certain I was selecting the right word but even after over an hour of this I couldn't get it to work. On one occaision it actually listed a page number that didn't exit (19 or something). Any idea why this might be? Is there a crack I can use to get around it altogether? I tried both fresh copies of the game and of the manual and it still won't let me play. I was on stage 5 of 7 or something and was really looking forward to winning the game... please help!