Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-01-2005, 09:04 AM   #31
El Pollo
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by ultranewbie@Dec 29 2004, 09:21 PM
How are you supposed to beat the levels on the hardest setting? I've never been able to do it, is there anybody that has? Or are they just there to torment and mock me?

No, with some good ideas, luck and lots of practice its possible to complete the game. I admit, that there was one level, where I had to ask a friend how to do it. I didn't know that you can make the Bumpers walk again, by digging the ground under their feet.

Btw, I can offer the complete set of level codes for Lemmings, if someone wants them. But keep in mind that skipping levels kills much of the fun.
El Pollo is offline                         Send a private message to El Pollo
Old 30-01-2005, 01:54 PM   #32
Sidewinder

Thumbs up

Theese fun lemming games like this, is best to play on a Amiga.
Do anyone here still use Amiga?
The sounds, graphic and controlling are much more comfortable.
There is possible download a Amiga simulator called WinUAE, or WinFellow.
The experience is much more fun and you even need to wait for the floppy images to load. LOL
Much of theese games on this site are originaly produced for Amiga,
The game has been wery reduced after formating it to DOS :whistle:

M?re & Romsdal (17)
Sidewinder is offline                         Send a private message to Sidewinder
Old 30-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #33
xoopx
Hero Gamer

i use winuae, but my real amiga is in pieces. it might work, it might not! i keep it so anyone who says "OMG AMIGA ROMZ ARE COPYETRIETED" i can point to the real ones on my amiga and say FAIR USE.
anyway yeah i mentioned earlier as a guest (LOL) about it being for the amiga first of all, and the existence of a crazy arcade prototype version of lemmings. another popular game that was on the amiga first was WORMS, although i dont like worms.
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 30-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #34
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder@Jan 30 2005, 02:54 PM

The experience is much more fun and you even need to wait for the floppy images to load. LOL
just set the floppy drive emulation speed to "turbo"
Old 30-01-2005, 04:14 PM   #35
Sidewinder

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by xoopx@Jan 30 2005, 03:03 PM
i use winuae, but my real amiga is in pieces. it might work, it might not! i keep it so anyone who says "OMG AMIGA ROMZ ARE COPYETRIETED" i can point to the real ones on my amiga and say FAIR USE.
anyway yeah i mentioned earlier as a guest (LOL) about it being for the amiga first of all, and the existence of a crazy arcade prototype version of lemmings. another popular game that was on the amiga first was WORMS, although i dont like worms.
I have been gnown up with amiga 500 since i was 5, could write my name on it before hand-writing.
Since we got PC when i was 8, the Amiga did becom a bit forgotted.
7 years lather i took it my room and connected it to my stereo! The music is unic . But the quality is nothing to cheer about:. :not_ok: 3 mouses has been changed, (all with the bad LMB. Need to press it wey hard) This anoying thing happend to my mouse a week ago.:angry:
The keyboard did also in periods become defect. Caps lock flashed constently.
But a year ago i bought a A500 (with 100 disks and 7 defect joysticks (danyoy).
from someone witch have taken good care of it, (Mom throwed the old one )
I do not have much knowlege about the inside of Amiga, but i have opend it to pull out two in-bended poles in the mouse port.
when i didnt have the mouse and keyboard, half of the games is usless without
Hated thoose startup whith hit space to continue.
Win UAE is a good emulator, but the sound quality is still a bit reduced but
the graphic is actually better on a old commondore monitor.
(because of the blurring on the screen witch hides the pixels?

Witch Amiga do you have? do you know how to make agiga formated disk to run un pc-? Is it possible to re-build the amiga to a PC?
Sidewinder is offline                         Send a private message to Sidewinder
Old 30-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #36
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder@Jan 30 2005, 05:14 PM

Win UAE is a good emulator, but the sound quality is still a bit reduced but
the graphic is actually better on a old commondore monitor.
(because of the blurring on the screen witch hides the pixels?

Witch Amiga do you have?* do you know how to* make agiga formated disk to run un pc-?* Is it possible to re-build the amiga to a PC?
pc floppy drives cant read amiga disks.
for the sound in winuae, set it to "emulated, 100% accurate" (if you pc can handle it) it makes a difference in the sound. of course its not as good as the real amiga sound but its close enough.
hah yeah the p.c monitor isnt so kind to the low res games.. but there are filters in winuae you can run (i dont bother with them) amiga games always looked so much better on a tv or old monitor.
i had a 500, a 600 (both broke) and a 1200.
my opinion = dont mess with the hardware. its ancient and going to break.. you already found out the CIA controller chips like to die.. and there arent any replacements. it sounds terrible, but you're much better off spending any money on a faster p.c for winuae than improving the old amiga.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:30 AM   #37
Sidewinder

Quote:
Originally posted by xoopx@Jan 30 2005, 07:23 PM
[Witch Amiga do you have?* do you know how to* make agiga formated disk to run un pc-?* Is it possible to re-build the amiga to a PC?

pc floppy drives cant read amiga disks.
for the sound in winuae, set it to "emulated, 100% accurate" (if you pc can handle it) it makes a difference in the sound. of course its not as good as the real amiga sound but its close enough.
i had a 500, a 600 (both broke) and a 1200.
my opinion = dont mess with the hardware. its ancient and going to break.. you already found out the CIA controller chips like to die.. and there arent any replacements. it sounds terrible, but you're much better off spending any money on a faster p.c for winuae than improving the old amiga.
[/quote]
`Without internet for a while`
I have a Pentium 4 and winXP, better bee good enough. (Use OpenGL filter but its just a little diffrence).
But i have heard someone that builded a amiga to a PC. (Was very fast)
Anyway, i dont know what`s a CIA, chips, and the hardware inside.,.
It shall be possible to formad adf to amiga floppy. -i have read a bit about it, and downloaded a missunderstanded program wich stands that it need 2 disk stations on PC. Wery difficult! Can`t understand it. I have herd about using shell on the Amiga workbench.
But it would be realy cool to link Amiga to PC. I tried to link the two A500 (before the old got throwed) Over a com cable with lotus turbo 2, didn`t work.
A amiga 1200 must be wery rare! That must be Difficult to get, and surely worth a lot. Is it a big diffrence from A500?
Old 24-03-2005, 07:37 AM   #38
Echo-Chan

AUGH! LEMMINGS! How I've missed you so!
Mom loves 'em even more! She was a total addict back in the day. :blink:

Although, I'm having some difficulty running this and ONML under DOSBox. I try to continue after finishing a level ("click left mouse button to continue"), but it just kicks me out to the main menu and totally freezes. I tried using VDMSound as well, but after a few levels that freezes up, too.

Any reccomendations? Is this version even supposed to work under DOSBox? The front page didn't specify any compatability issues, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanx!

Old 26-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #39
csteelooper
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up

Hello, does anyone know how to get the sound working when playing this game in DosBOX 0.63? Other games' sound works great, I can't seem to find a tool for this game's sound config, although there is an ADLIB.DAT file, meaning it should support ADLIB. I know from my earlier experience with this game, that the sound was quite good, and i'd love to be able to hear it again. Anyone?
csteelooper is offline                         Send a private message to csteelooper
Old 26-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #40
Echo-CHan

That's one thing I did figure out, and it's pretty simple. You need to reduce the CPU speed to 3000 cycles or lower.

To do that, go to the DOSBOX.GONFIG file (there should be a shortcut to it in the program group) and scroll down to the CPU section. The second option under the header should read "cycles=(some number)". Change that number to 3000, save the file, start up DOSBox, and run Lemmings.

You should be able to jam to that cool Lemmings music no problem now! k: