Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-09-2005, 06:14 AM   #31

Man that's a shame... luckily there are P2P's

Old 12-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(79ta @ Mar 23 2005, 06:59 AM) [snapback]83640[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Does the game have speech? Because I get a message that my audio files fail to initialize when i start the game.[/b]

i get this as well, i am running it in dos 7.1 though, not xp. perhaps my audio drivers? sound/music works fine, however no speech.
[/b]
I really fail to understand you peeps... why sweating blood trying to get the game to run naturally (on real dos) when it runs marvelously on DosBox , plus with a smooth beautiful openGl filter to soften the GFX ?

just install the program, open Dosbox.conf in the directory and do 2 adjustments... one in output line and set Opengl , one browsing all the way down the file where it says [autoexec] , you simply gotta tell the program where the directory with your old games is , and if you want, you can add the cdrom too.

Mount C C:\Oldgames
mount D D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

Piece of cake

Old 16-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #33
howmanymegs

Hi,

I dont know if anyone is still viewing this thread.....

I bought the XP version of Police Quest collection and played the first one nearly to the end but I'm in Bains' apartment and I cant find the phone in order to get the room number to give to backup. I know this sounds crazy. All of the walkthroughs say it is near the bar. I can't find anything resembling a phone on or near the bar. I've clicked the hand and eye on everything. Any ideas? Explicit instructions would be appreciated.

(I never played the VGA originally, just the EGA).
howmanymegs is offline                         Send a private message to howmanymegs
Old 06-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #34
vigilantevil

Hi

its been a hile since i have been using DOsBox but to my surprise I get this Error every time I try to run PQ.EXE or BAT

Please insert Startup Disk in drive C: and press ENTER.

Anyone know why is this executing the install feature when I have all the files in same directory?

need help here

V
vigilantevil is offline                         Send a private message to vigilantevil
Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #35
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Is the game path correctly configured? What about sound?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #36
vigilantevil

thanks for ur effort & time 5th Horseman, I have reinstalled every thing all the files and its working like charm now, looks like i messed up earlier with the install.

It's all fixed up & running

Thank you!

V
vigilantevil is offline                         Send a private message to vigilantevil
Old 05-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #37
Romeo_Dante

hi there...

I feel like a dummy asking this, but it seems that I can't download this game because the 'download this game' icon does not appear. Instead there is a 'Entertainment Software Assocation NO 90!' icon, which doesn't download the game...
Really unfortunate, because I have been playing this game a lot during my youth...So it's like nostalgie to play it again!

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks...
Romeo_Dante is offline                         Send a private message to Romeo_Dante