Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #21
Skulvar

DINOPARK TYCOON!!!!!!! okay not a viking game wich I like most, but I still remember this game! It was with the very first pc I got, loaned the game to a friend and he went to a differen't school than me, haven't seen him since :P
I really liked this game, I used to spend a long time killing fly's with the dino-food book ^^
I'm going to download this one riiiiight away! I sure hope it works!!
ooooooh dinopark tycoon! thank you abandonia thank you!
And here's a tip for some very easy money:
Buy a cheap dinosaur and put it up for auction, keep looking at the pricelist for that very same dinosaur. Every time you look up the price for that dino the bids for him will go higher. Go ahead, build the park of you dreams (dunno if the tip is completely exact, haven't played this game in a looooong time)
Old 15-06-2005, 07:08 AM   #22
Luke
I have no idea how to use dosbox or run this thing at all. If anyone feels like helping out an old fan then please email me at lukebarbour@mail.com
thanks
Luke

Old 15-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #23
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke@Jun 15 2005, 07:08 AM
I have no idea how to use dosbox or run this thing at all. If anyone feels like helping out an old fan then please email me at lukebarbour@mail.com
thanks
Luke
Have you tried Anubis' DOSBox Tutorial yet? I found it very helpful.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 24-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #24
Ricky

I have windows Xp and i cant run this, some error about a system file

Old 24-06-2005, 10:50 PM   #25
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

well i can tell you how i usually do:

1st - i create a bat file (for example dinopark.bat)
2nd - inside that file i write one single line like this
'C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.62\dosbox.exe' d:\dinopark\dinopark.exe

where 'C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.62\dosbox.exe' is the command to start DOSBox
and d:\dinopark\dinopark.exe points to the game

3rd - i place the bat file in my desktop and use it to run the game trow DOSBox as it will auto mount a drive c: at the folder where i have the game

just one last detail: if your folders names have more than eight characters or more than one word, the command must be placed between cotes (')

this might not be the correct way to run DOSBox but, hey, it works :evil:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 07-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #26
Gemquist

*spoiler///cheat*

Just get like 50 of every park worker or max them out as soon as you begin to amp up the cash. :Titan:

Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #27
tazzy_s
Abandonia nerd

sometimes for Dinopark Tycoon it's best to choose the Adlib Music for the soundcard source , and you have to make sure to have about 573 k free of conventional memory in order to play the digital sounds in the game . I have 579 k free when I am in my DOS 8, then it goes to 560 when I am in my Windows ME.
If unsure how much conventional memory you have, open up the Dos promt and enter in Mem at the command line . This will show you how much conventional , expanded(EMS) , and extended memory(XMS) you have .
tazzy_s is offline                         Send a private message to tazzy_s
Old 15-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #28

i also remember playing this game in grade 4 it was i tink, i am 14 now, but at that time this game was one those huge floppy disks, back then and even now this game is fun, i remember how the whole class playeed together and no mattter how hard we tried, we cudn't hatch the 25,000 dollar dino

Old 18-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #29

I remember playing this in third grade...it was great. The first kid to get to $200,000 got to get lunch with our super-fun computer lab teacher. In the end, it was down to me and another boy, and the kids were crowded around our computers, trying to see which one of us would inch over the mark first. It was great. I won, but since he was so close behind me he got to come to lunch too.

Good memories...I gotta get this thing to work...*scampers off to find DosBox*

Old 19-07-2005, 06:11 AM   #30

This was an awesome game; I remember playing it in elementry back in the day. The cheat involves something to do with the real state building and entering $5000 in some box and leaving. Umm, unfortunatly like the rest of you, I'm having troubles loading it. I tried making XP be compatiable (the compatiable tab) but that too isn't working. I'm going to try downloading the DOS simulation but if anyone has any other insight I'd appreciate it. Thanks