Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #91
Blank_box
Forum hobbit

The another thing I really want to add in this game is to make this game's high score can be view...

After I have made 100(perhaps, more...) list of the death, now I just want to know that who have failed below there... and what character type is the most killed
Blank_box is offline                         Send a private message to Blank_box
Old 24-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #92
RPG fan

Another good Rougelike is Angband, no scripted encounters but a lot of fun in ASCII and with graphics tiles I think it is a bit easier to get into than Net hack but it is just 100 levels of hardcore fighting (levels generate every time you go up/down in other words if you complete level one and then go back to it it is a new level than the one you did before)

I would also recommand tales of middle eath (TOME), outdoors, towns and multiple dungeons ASCII and grapical tiles as well

links here

Angband
http://www.thangorodrim.net/
TOME
www.t-o-m-e.net

Old 10-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #93
jmr

Hey guys, long time user (forgot my old account name).

Anyone who wants some hands-on guidance can join us over at #nethack on irc.freenode.net, where is all nethack, all the time. Its the official channel for the highest trafficked public nethack server, nethack.alt.org

I too just assumed nethack had been on abandonia all this time, wow. This is the only game I never get tired of.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #94
Osk

i think my most frequent death was first from starvation, then from food poisoning, now at least its getting to being killed by monsters

is there a way to check if water is poisonous before drinking from the fountain?

Old 17-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #95
Blank_box
Forum hobbit

No...

Drinking from fountain can cause a lot of trouble and you can't check that due to the randomly generated events.(still you can risk to get some benefit by reading the spoilers) The worse than being poisoned is being cursed or summon the water devil since you can use potions and unicon horn to cure... gaining extra bad luck by drinking fountain is also nasty trouble.
Blank_box is offline                         Send a private message to Blank_box
Old 19-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #96
Osk

soooo, what the h or f does / (opulent throne) do? it vanished in a puff of logic when i sat on it

and is there a way to get your items identified, other tan through teh identify spell or trial and error/previous experience?

Old 09-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #97
PWN33
Red face

Great game, also on Mac. I forget where to download it on mac just google it

Old 09-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #98
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

Quote:
Originally posted by Osk@Mar 20 2006, 02:12 AM
soooo, what the h or f does / (opulent throne) do? it vanished in a puff of logic when i sat on it

and is there a way to get your items identified, other tan through teh identify spell or trial and error/previous experience?
The thrones do a lot of stuff. It's completely random. I'd advise you not to sit on them. Sometimes nothing seems to happen, sometimes you get a powerful weapon, but most of the time the room fills with dragons and demons or lava or stuff like that. I never sit on them.

And I don't think there's any other way to identify stuff, at least without losing them. If you drop rings into a sink, for example, it sometimes lets you know what the ring is (for example, if the sink looks like something else for a moment, it was a ring of polymorph) but the ring disappears, so it's not very useful.

You can drop stuff on altars to see if they're cursed or not, that's useful. You won't know anything else than if it's cursed, uncursed or blessed, though.

You can also throw potions on monsters and the monster gets the effect of the potion. That way you can sometimes identify potions, but if it's a good potion, it helps the monster and that's a bad thing.
Old 13-05-2006, 05:50 AM   #99
New NetHack lover

just started yet another game. still in the learning phase. but check this out:

my wizard randomly started with a book of IDENTIFY

two words boo, yah

Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #100

Nethack rulez 4ever.
I've downloaded source code of vulture's and started to mmodifying code a little I added useful changes, eg. unlimited zaps, polymorphing to anything... Cause I want to see ending of game But I don't know how to solve game with TRUE Amulet of Yendor. I've killed Wizard many times (I've seen 2 of them, too). But it isnt' solving game. How can I see the true ending?