Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Dark_light_uk

Default Old Ship Game & one other multi post in one !

Hello there:

I've been dreaming of this game for a while but I simply can't remember the name or title of the game.
The game involved ships or boats.

You had different types of cannons from a cannonball with a chain that could tare down the sails of the ship, multi-cannonballs that did a ton of damage but had an epic recharge rate.

It was so like this "empire total war ship(s)" but it was well older than this!

The second game is alittle more harder for me to remember.
It was like the old CIV games where you took over towns to increase your gold supply and then in turn make more units to take over more towns.
Not only that you could build roads but you could build defenses.

It was a turn based game, what I do remember is there was a gold version of the game which allowed you to play with bots as the standard didn't have this in ( you needed to get the internet to patch it but this was back when dial up was setting up )
If it helps the artillery had a firing range IE: you couldn't str8 attack a city you needed to bomb from a tile afar. It looked very old and CIV like but it defo wasn't a CIV game. It in the later stages you could build nukes and do the same thing. All items built were post modern era.

Just like to thank everyone for their help or even just reading this post.
I'm out at my GF's for a few days so I won't be able to post back till I get home

Thank you all again and I hope you all have a great new year !

EDIT: forgot to mention they were pc games

Last edited by Dark_light_uk; 05-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Dark_light_uk is offline                         Send a private message to Dark_light_uk
Old 06-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Read the rules: be more specific.

1) was it something like Age of Sail?
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 06-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Oskatat
Game freak

the first one sounds a bit like high seas trader, but there are more ship battle games, Pirates! for example though that didn't have chainshot iirc. Do you remember any more about viewpoint? top down or as if on board the ship? was the game about the battles or was there more to do?

the other sounds a bit like a game I found here about a year ago which I can't remember anymore, naturally. If different artillery units had different range and the city building was limited around war (no civ-style city expanding), I'd be more certain
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 06-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Dark_light_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
Read the rules: be more specific.

1) was it something like Age of Sail?

Firstly Allow me to apologize for my ignorance.
I'm truly heart sorry for this and I would like you to take my heart felt sorry for my ignorance! I wrote the post in haste and didn't think.... I'm very very sorry.

I think you have the game I was looking for, but I can't check it since I'm on my girlfriends mac ( shudders ) so I can't download it or buy it.
Once I get home tomorrow I'll load up my PUK ( if anyone's seen Phone Jacker they'll get the reference ).
it does look very much like it tho!

Please accept my apologizes and my thanks for your help so far! I'll edit this post tomorrow night once I've had a chance to youtube it and get a hold of a real copy if still sold or a copy from some where.

Thank you and very sorry once again for my ignorance
Dark_light_uk is offline                         Send a private message to Dark_light_uk