Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #271
Ocean

Yog, your story is unique! I don't believe it. :blink:

How about exchange: your save for my end-WoX(250 lvl, 121 day) save?

Old 31-12-2006, 06:52 AM   #272
Residue

Hey Everyone,

I've just got into playing "Worlds of Xeen" after first tinkering with it years and years and years ago. Now thanks to great information out on the web, I'm having a great time of it.

I've got a question!

Does anyone know what the Stats equate to? For example, what does a Might of 18 equate to in turns of + to hit/damage... or what does +9 Fire Resistance equate to?

Any help would be appreciated! k:
Residue is offline                         Send a private message to Residue
Old 31-12-2006, 07:21 PM   #273
Elward

I'm unsure what the stats give, but a resistance means that damage is reduced by that amount. Fire resist 8 nullifies the first 8 points of fire damage per attack.

-EE
Elward is offline                         Send a private message to Elward
Old 01-01-2007, 04:58 AM   #274
Residue

Thanks Elward!

So, I guess for resistance the higher the better... and better to spread all resistances across characters making sure those with the lowest HP get an extra bit.

I also found out more about stats but now don't really know which is which. Well, mostly I do but I can't work out which is the 'to hit' number or which raises AC or what exactly 'accuracy' and 'luck' are. :w00t:

The table should be down below as an attachment (since I couldn't work out how to do a table in here!)

I can't vouch for the table as it was something I found on the web.

Any help understanding stats would be appreciated!
Residue is offline                         Send a private message to Residue
Old 01-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #275
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Elward is wrong with his guess, elemental resistance doesn't substract from the damage you get.
The caster level dependent displayed values you get from the "Protection from elements" spell are subtracted from the damage.
The elemental resistances affect the damage you take in combination with the "Luck" stat (it's even a tavern hint in MM3, 4 or 5), they might even work against attack of the specific element exactly like AC against physical attacks.

I don't know where you got your table from, Residue, but I'm sure it's not a table for WoX.
The stats which start the next better value are 3,5,... ,19,21,25,30,35,40,50,75,100,...,225,250.
One raise to the next better con value gives an extra HP per level for example, the rise to 250 (perfect) might even grant the triple bonus (only verified it in MM3).
You see that little stat differences matter a lot in the beginning but nearly nothing later when all stats have been raised above 50.

You can take a look at the very well made shrines for MM3 and WoX at www.rpgclassics.com, not much was changed from MM3 to WoX.
They copied one manual error however, barbarians are far superior to knights (and any other class) regarding physical combat because they gain extra attacks much faster. Often the barbarian can do considerable damage to monsters the others can't even scratch.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 04-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #276
Blazkowicz

so i just decided to play this wonderful game again; arrived at castle burlock after some hours, climbed the east tower and suddenly recognized something I can´t remember from the times I played the game before#

so my question is, does it have any meaning, that a third reich swastika was included in the game?

Blazkowicz is offline                         Send a private message to Blazkowicz
Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #277

?s there a way to replenish spell points without resting ?

Old 06-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #278
NickTheGreek

Spell points vs Time is the most important element of the game : if you have spell points you can endure battles for ever

now, is there a way to restore spell points without rest ?

The only one i have found is by getting levels
NickTheGreek is offline                         Send a private message to NickTheGreek
Old 07-01-2007, 04:18 AM   #279
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ocean @ Dec 26 2006, 01:46 AM) [snapback]272513[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yog, your story is unique! I don't believe it. :blink:

How about exchange: your save for my end-WoX(250 lvl, 121 day) save?
[/b]
Hi,
Well, well,
Sry because I started again Clouds of Xeen , the save files with dying hero were lost.
Now I know my mistake : Being starving for money I worked in Rivercity for 100 credits per week=
This way my heroes aged very quickly.
Now I follow the path of 4 druids and my gang is 32 years old.
..New problem occurs: How to find the credits in The temple of Yak? Where the keys for some places like
The tomb of 1000 Terrors. I need 3 credits ASAP because my stats are 15 levels and I am unable to reach more- had to start construction of Newcastle.
Ty all good ones.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #280
thatmexicanguy
Game freak

Well, you can replesnish SP by drinking from certain wells.

I'd also like to add that this is a really fun RPG! Thanks for putting it up, guys!
thatmexicanguy is offline                         Send a private message to thatmexicanguy