Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #211
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

With the merchant skill you get the full price instead of the half price for selling items, if you sell a platin late armor characters with merchant skill will get 100,000 instead of 50,000 for example.

You might even consider making all characters merchants.
Since each shop visit takes one full day visiting shops several times in a row to make sure only your merchant sells the items isn't recommended.

You can buy all talents if you manage to travel through the vulcano cave but I think buying the merchant skill for everyone before is worth it.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 27-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #212
MT

Hi first time posting here. A little lazy to register. Playing MM4 + MM5. The Cloud above the Dragon Tower is a real pain. Teleported off to avoid the fighting. Will have to return later (after attaining still higher levels!).

Anyway, I seem to be running into some problems, which some may already know of:

1. Northern Sphinx

I can't seem to open those sacrophages. The last time I tried, my knight with a strength of 250+ couldn't (right now he is 300+ but I haven't tried it again).

2. Southern Sphinx

The dungeon has a few secret areas that I find no access to.

3. Lack money

Experience is abound but money is sorely lacking. I found one way to make money: refill the Gemstone mines, mine, make armour and sell. This is detrimental to your gem stockpile, unless you use Sandro as a gem making machine (ie don't return his heart but keep going to him and kill him).

Quote:
You might even consider making all characters merchants. [/b]
Very good idea. I always get it as soon as I can (even before selling any unwanted piece of equipment). Joe isn't difficult to reach; just don't go too far as to meet the Jousters. Right from the start I would keep saving up cash and get it for my members (till all 6 do). Plenty of money from the Dwarven Mines. That piddly sup of 6000 gp per member is nothing compared to how much you can save with the skill.

Quote:
You can buy all talents if you manage to travel through the vulcano cave but I think buying the merchant skill for everyone before is worth it.[/b]
That is only useful for some book or fountain at the Darkside in one of the towers (Western?) where (all) your secondary skills are stripped but gains permanent levels.

Old 28-08-2006, 03:20 AM   #213

YAY!!
Just finished the whole game.
The dungeon of death is a pain though...
Best Might and Magic I've played

Old 23-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #214
levethian

:angry:

Ggnnngn. Most frustrated. I bought a windows-98se based computer especially to cease these problems, but alas, this game still doesn't work.

I have 3 copies of World of Xeen now, 1x 1999 CD-version from Ebay, 1 from the "Ultimate RPG Archives" and 1 from The M&M Millenium edition - and they won't work on my system. Every time I try I get the message:

Illegal operation - invalid page exception:

Fault location: 0028:CO2A7BEB
Faulting Component: IFSMGR(04) + 000092FF
Interrupts in service: None

Swords of Xeen works perfectly - so I assume it's because of the CD requirement (which is ludicrous for such a small game in MB terms).

Anyway, annoyed. Does anyone know what the error means? Is there any way around this? Maybe if I buy 10 more copies?...
levethian is offline                         Send a private message to levethian
Old 23-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #215
Grand Wizzard Alamar

hey, I'm having a problem with the animations in this download.. I haven't tried it in months, but I remember this:

Upon leaving castleview and trying to reenter, the game freezes. It only freezes when one of those talking animated characters pops up.. I tried downloading it somewhere else though, but it froze anytime I entered a building and opened up the shop window or where ever it was.

I guess if I cant count on this download, I have to buy a whole new Might and Magic 4 because the one I bought 7 months ago had a broken disc and I didnt find out about it until recently.

Dosbox is a very useful tool though, it gave me hope of playing these games again. You can run most of them on windows 98 or lower.. i first played Swords of Xeen on a 98, but we upgraded to 2000 and lost the 98 disc.

Can anyone help me out..? maybe offer a copy of Might and Magic IV (Disc 3) if you're generous

thanks
-GWA

Old 24-09-2006, 02:43 AM   #216
Elward

Ensure you have the correct sound card listed in Xeen's setup and the right sound settings in DOSBox.conf.

-EE
Elward is offline                         Send a private message to Elward
Old 29-09-2006, 11:58 PM   #217
Grand Wizzard Alamar

Im sure this has nothing to do with sound, my sound works perfectly

Old 30-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #218
Fenril

Damn :\

I REALLY wanted to try this one, specially from what I heard about the gameplay depth and size. But getting it this month on amazon or something is not in my budget.

Bad luck for me for coming in late I guess :\
Fenril is offline                         Send a private message to Fenril
Old 02-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #219
Grand Wizzard Alamar

I have no idea why they're charging people for it, the game is dead, the new distributors aren't distributing these titles, and they're beginning a new series... I'll have to see if Im allowed to upload my copies of 1,2,3 and 5 for everyone to enjoy.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #220
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Actually, CD-Access is not selling World of Xeen anymore.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman