Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-11-2005, 03:56 AM   #141
Temple of Bark Disciple

Hey I bought this game a few years ago, but the sound never worked. I just downloaded this abandonia version and dos box. I can get everything to load, but everything is really slow and skippy, but the sound at least works. It takes a minute just to get past the opening dragon-bug scene. I tried the frame skipping, and the ctrl F11 and F12, but I can't get it to get any faster of smoother. Any ideas?

Old 29-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #142
Skypup
Lurker

Fantastic Game - reminds me of The Bard's Tale 1,2 and 3. for the Apple 2. Just wondering though :blink: ... how can I turn the music down (or off) in the Intros for World of Xeen ... the one where the lizardman is walking thru his castle and looking into his crystal ball... I can hardly hear a word he's saying because the music is so darned loud.... I can turn the music off in the options submenu, but then I can't return back to the intros...

Also I cannot depart vertigo ... like other gamers, I've typed 4 or 5 letters for the password and "INCORRECT" keeps popping up. (YES.. I've run the game using "GO.BAT") :tai: IF I had enough gold, could I purchase a JUMP spell and jump over the outer City walls?

Lastly, (I've got a list here! ) how again do I transfer items from one player to another? I've tried discarding it and then having the other player search (as in heroes of Age of Wonders), but I guess item is permanently gone from game. I know your supposed to right click on the receiving player, but that's it.... Any ideas out there??
Skypup is offline                         Send a private message to Skypup
Old 29-11-2005, 01:58 AM   #143
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

In answer to your last question: have you tried highlighting the item, then hitting the number key assigned to that party member?
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 30-11-2005, 02:04 PM   #144

Hi,

i have my Might and Magiv V Darkside of Xeen "BestSellerGames"-Version but without the magazin :-( Ok, installing... no problems. Now i'm playing and then "keywords..." hmm... i lost the magazin on the years and now i cant play again without the keywords Can anybody help me ? The Readme says, on the last side were the keywords printed :crazy: Has anybody a copy or scan of this side or keywords for MM5 ?

Thanks

F. Roehrig

Old 30-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #145

im so sorry... www.replacementdocs.com !!! THX

Old 30-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #146

and the next problem... my MM5 is in german, the codes of www.replacementdocs.com dont work. Is anybody here, who has the german version + german codes ?

Gruß
F. Roehrig

Old 29-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #147
Vroomfondel

I hope somebody can help with this. I'm running WoX on Windows XP Pro through DosBox 0.63. No problems completing everything on the Clouds of Xeen side. I've moved over to the Dark Side and have completed all the basic Castleview quests. I've got the key to Ellinger's Tower, but can't get inside without the game crashing. The cut-scene starts with the alien-looking girl saying I have the right key and then the game prompts to switch from CD2 back to CD1 and the CD-ROM tray auto-ejects. It hangs there, after loading CD1 nothing happens.

Anyone have a fix or workaround? Thanks.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #148
Raptor2k

Don't request esa games they are illegal. -punch

Old 17-01-2006, 07:47 AM   #149
Elward

I'm on XP with a Sound Blaster Live! and I have a music issue. When I run Xeen via a shortcut without VDMSound, no music plays, when I run it with VDMS, the music plays but at about half speed, and, with DOSBox, the music plays, but the game is just so slow. What advice have you?

-EE
Elward is offline                         Send a private message to Elward
Old 29-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #150
gothmog

one of the best ever.. the whole might and magic series actually. although X was a complete rip-off. how did they dare produce that crap... seems to me to have been the end of the series. a loss to the world of gamers.
gothmog is offline                         Send a private message to gothmog