Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 AM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Default Sensible World of Soccer

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 07-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
The Spider Mastermind
Forum hobbit

One of the best soccer games ever. Infinitely playable.

The only problem with it is that players don't age in career mode, so you can have Romario knocking goals in the 2015/16 season, when he'd pushing 50 in real life.

Also, make sure you have good poke at the tactics editor, you can get a lot more out of your team with it.
The Spider Mastermind is offline                         Send a private message to The Spider Mastermind
Old 07-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #3
Cloudy
Game freak

Sensible Soccer! WOW Memories hehe. I liked this one better than the first Sensible Soccer.
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 07-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #4

is anybody able to set up sound? the install.exe executes a little weirdly in DosBox....

Old 07-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
Mansonian

Could somebody please post some advice on how to run this game through DosBox?

I've managed to run it straight from windows xp and it works - however it has the problem of only recognising two keyboard keys at once - so you can never kick the ball diagonally

When I try using DosBox to run sws.exe it either hangs or shows a stack overflow error and goes back to the prompt.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

hmmmm I think it is smashing great this gem has found a great home here , but sadly I am not a footie fan at all. And I have very bad memories about people ruining joysticks (literally destroying them) while they played that game in a computer club I was a member back then. But it IS smashing great this footie game has found a home here
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 08-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #7
Sigfrodi

I usually don't like soccer games (and sports games in general except for racing games) but SWOS is définitely a must have!! I played it for uncountable hours alone or with friends. Yeah, graphics may have been pretty crappy, but the gameplay was incredibly fun and simple and SWOS had a tremendous players/teams database and many competitions. The career mode was soooo fun. SWOS is a real legend!

Old 09-10-2006, 12:49 AM   #8
ubersquiz
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mansonian @ Oct 7 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]259961[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Could somebody please post some advice on how to run this game through DosBox?

I've managed to run it straight from windows xp and it works - however it has the problem of only recognising two keyboard keys at once - so you can never kick the ball diagonally

When I try using DosBox to run sws.exe it either hangs or shows a stack overflow error and goes back to the prompt.
[/b]
I've found that its a lot easier to use a front end for dosbox, it has a wizard to help you get the games going, I personally use D-Fend, you can get it here http://members.home.nl/mabus/.

If you use d-fend to get the sound setup to work properly open the profile you've created for it, and tick the loadfix button, that seems to get it working. I have full sound and it runs lovely k:
Hope that helps :monkey_dance:
ubersquiz is offline                         Send a private message to ubersquiz
Old 09-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #9
Jontzzu
Abandonia nerd

Really great and addictive football game! It's great that there is teams all over the world (including Finland :brain: ). Simple controls and good playability makes this clearly my favorite football game in computer (including SWOS I only have Microsoft Soccer)
Jontzzu is offline                         Send a private message to Jontzzu
Old 09-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #10
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Sensibile soccer makes you wonder how come they can not make highlights anymore these days. i mean with all the technology and graphics available they can't deliver you highlights at the end of the game.

oh and i liked the slomo movement in replays in these games and also their customizability.

not to mention simple controls that made possible various tricks such a bycilcle kick, headers, long ball, low balls etc. on all that with just 4 directional and one action key!!!!!
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor