Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
PoopyHorseboy
[BANNED]

Default Questions to the mods/admins/anybody

Two days ago, I registered at this site. In the evening, I went to bed, and the next day, I got banned by Fifth. His reason was: "I think you might possibly have some other account already". After lots of discussing through a second account, as they didn't give me any choice but that, they unbanned my first account and told me to talk to Titan or Data about it. Now today I log on, and it turns out I got banned AGAIN! There has been a new subforum made exactly for me and to explain why. It seems I got banned for being somebody else. I'm me, though, so I want to ask mods, admins and anybody: what proof is there for those claims? If there is no solid proof, then why ban me? Along with that, what happened to talking to Titan or Data about it? Why give an explanation without proof? All in all... why do I repeatedly get banned, while I just want to have a good time here?
PoopyHorseboy is offline                         Send a private message to PoopyHorseboy
Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Old 04-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

Today, apparently, i am driven crazy and i decided to spend some time to post (infact while i've no difficult to understand english, i've great difficult to write... and translator aren's so helpfull).

Now let me analyze what happened, in the chat :

1) you pop up in chat from nowhere and at a critical point of a discussion

2) you start to talk as if you knew the many oldest things related to abandonia.

3) Someone ask to you "are you an old user, that you know so many things?"

4) you first avoid questions and then refuse to give a clear answer...

5) you do this not one time but many times...

6) all your attitude seems to be devote to create mistery, instead of resolving it

7) in the meantime (it seems that) you send a PM (to TC if i remember well) with your old nickname on abandonia

8) only then you become the proud winner of a ban ticket

9) when you return online an Admin explain to you the matter and what (and how) the problem can be solved, finally he accept to let you use AN account (and i repeat AN account) until situation will be cleared (by Data if i remember well)

10) for some reason Admins decision is a BAN of the account (probably only temporary)

11) you instead of talk in the proper way (that is the use of another form of contact: phone, radio, the specific form to contact staff, laser beam, smoke's marks, pigeon travellers, messenger, whatever) to explain the situation, you create Accounts over accounts

12) now you are confused??

OK, i don't know if you are wrong or if you are right, but your action are condemning you... why don't you take a break, calm down and then try to use a more proper way to solve the problem?
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Beeing a member of Abandonia is not a democratic right, it's an honor. Have that in mind.
We decide who stays or not. As the poster pointed out above, you didn't exacly start off good.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
PoopyHorseboy
[BANNED]

I get banned repeatedly for coming here, wanting to have relax, enjoy good company. It turns out there is a big discussion going on. I throw in my 2c from what I know and heard over time. I get asked who I am, and I answer with my name. The only two people that are causing problems and misery at that time, are Fifth Horseman and Eagle of Fire. That misery was aimed at Romano, not at me. I happen to understand Romano his point of view and clarified it to the two who didn't get the point. It all staid civil and polite. I go to bed. The next day, I am banned I'm not allowed to wonder why? I'm not allowed to ask an explanation? I do so. The explanation is that I might be somebody else. Never ever did I get any proof outside of speculation.

I want to see the exact line in a PM I sent TheChosen in which I mentioned that exact name I am being accused of. I want to see the full proof of why I am being treated like this. It's the only fair thing to do. I didn't even get a warning or anything. A ban, overnight, out of the blue. That's it!

I am not allowed to ask why? Am I a troublemaker when I wonder what I did to deserve this treatment? I want to see the proof of me being a troublemaker. I want to see the proof of me being somebody else. If no solid evidence can be brought up, no actual proof shown, can't we start over clean? I don't want any trouble, I just want to have fun, enjoy my stay here, talk with people and have a laugh to unwind after a long day and a long week.
PoopyHorseboy is offline                         Send a private message to PoopyHorseboy
Old 04-01-2009, 02:30 AM   #6
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

You still have your original account, which is not banned. If you wish to participate in the forum then you're more than welcome, but on that account. You can even PM an admin to rename your original account if that's the problem.

It's just that as far as I can tell, refusal to use your original account (given that the name can be changed) can only be due to sinister motives.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 AM   #7
PoopyHorseboy
[BANNED]

The thing is... I don't even HAVE an old account, except the one that's two days old. No matter if I have or not, I cannot send PMs. Data turned them off, as you can see from his thread in Community Headlines.

Now can I please, pretty pretty please, get the evidence of what I am being accused of, or will you all keep avoiding that? You are sure of it. How hard can it be to show why?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
Titan
Gnome

Did you at all read what has been written here?

ffs, do that and THEN "defend yourself".
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I don't even HAVE an old account, except the one that's two days old.
We have copies of the PMs you sent to TheChosen, where you admitted to having a prior account. And you left enough references to identify your prior identity without any difficulty whatsoever.
The proof is available to the admins. If neccesary, it will be made available to all of the staff.

Now kiss this account goodbye as well, Tiki.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 04-01-2009 at 11:11 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopyHorseboy View Post
I don't even HAVE an old account, except the one that's two days old.
It's too late for that lie. Everybody in the Shoutbox say how you refused to say that. You insult our intelligences if you think anyone can believe you didn't have an old account after that.

Since answering either yes or no to my question in the Shoutbox would have ammounted to either giving you away or lying, your refusing to answer could mean either that you're formally honest enough to dislike lying (but not truly honest enough to dislike half-truths which are the same IMO), or that you were afraid and not 100 per cent sure of not being caught. Anyway you're not honest enough to be straightforward about your identity from the start, at least to the staff. Lying now (when there's no point in it BTW as I said) when you've been identified and have nothing to lose, proves that it was the latter case.

This is my only post on the matter, at least if you don't surreptitiously return. But you also said you didn't have bad intentions, so I guess that means you won't? You can return to your old account. EDIT: Now you can't, thanks to you.

Last edited by Japo; 04-01-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: I'm stupid what else
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Closed Thread