Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #51
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Level 2 - Help, plz.

Hi, there,

I started the game with next battle layout:
2 front warriors - Sonja (left) and Hisssa (right)
and second line of
2 others - Gothmog (left) and Elije (right) .
Good idea?

I entered deep in level 2 meeting a field that can not entered from my side. There is a chest outside this field. The first chest I met in the game. I tried to enter back side of the field but a door closed when approached.
Rats! Any help or idea, please.

Q2: I make a copy of saved game. Y'know the game has 1 save Slot only. May I use saved game in the future if I do fatal mistake?

Q3: I am a poor spell-maker because have no any info how to make. Would be so kind direct me only the main principles in this area? Magics are vital in the forthcoming difficult levels and my first attempt before 3 years to advance without magics was complete ruin.
Ha ha!
Poor yoga was totally beaten in dark corridors.

Ty

brave yoga leader of 4-members victorious warriors
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 10-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #52
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking No one played DM?

So sad!

I am before 3-th level and training spell making.

I need companion to play the game.Really.

yoga
Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #53
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hurray!

I just killed the first Stone monster-very hard opponent!
It is a block of stones which very slow advanced.
3 knives, 3 Fireballs and... yes.. the simple door killed the monster. Very handy!!
But how to take the Compass after blue field?
There is a some trick...I approached the Compass and was thrown back in the start point..and again and again.

Heeeeeeeeeeeelp, plz.

brave lonely yoga in Level 3
Old 10-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #54
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

That should help for spells.

The trick for the blue field is to keep the beat. Blue, blue, off... blue, blue, off. So you have to time it to rush forward two steps really fast at the same time the field is off. I always end up running into the wall, but trust me, you really need that compass.

Last edited by Ohne Mitleid; 10-06-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Made it to the compass
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 11-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #55
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Oh, well!

Dear Ohne Mitleid,
Thank You very much for yr kind help: Link and advice for Compass and ...Danke!
After some careful attempts I finally grabed the Compass.
Hurray!

My progress in the game:
- I am just finishing level 3. I am exploding last of 6 areas namely Creature Caverns - this is last right door clockwise when enter the square with 6 doors. I just killed about 4-5 Mummies and some other opponents.

Here I want to make polite note that I disagree with some advisers telling that the best way against Rockpile " is to bash it when it open its face".
Easy to say, hard to do.
Instead of very slow walking this monster is very fast when opened the face and attacked.
In the very dark corridors is not easy to wait the monster advancing and bash it.. No, no need to risk! Moreover they are usually 2 monsters!
Simply lead them to outer door and click the door button right. 2-3 door up-downs and monsters are beaten to 2 big stones. Ha ha.
This game is very nice. Very classical RPG.
I am using mainly 3-4 spells: Magic torch, Fireball, Open door. Must train Poison cloud after finishing this area and before entering level 4.

I wanna increase my characters levels.
..I failed in some area where I was tricked by the tricky places- inverted 90 degrees.. Sorry but 4 keys are quite enough to enter level 4. I have these 4 keys already.

advancing yoga
PS: It is very nice to sleep 1 meter before enemies..
Not like Daggerfall note : Enemies around. No sleep"

Last edited by yoga; 11-06-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: be perfect
Old 11-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #56
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Bad news

Wow!
I entered level 4 to see that not everywhere have doors to smash the Rockpiles.
Moreover strong pair of Worms waited after the door.
What to do?
Before me are these worms, after me is walking Rockpile.
Rats!
What spell is more effective again worms?
Or some tactic?
Help me please..

Very difficult situation..

confused yoga

Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #57
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Lots of advice. Put your strongest, most heavily armed fighters with the best armor in front. Put your wizard and priest players in back. Advance and strike, then back off. Make the enemy chase you and try not to let them strike. When fighting more than one type of opponent, try to kill the weakest/smallest group first.

Don't chase the enemy into areas you don't know. It's better to wait to see if they return or give you the opportunity to follow a little ways after them. Otherwise you will find yourself surrounded, lost or just overwhelmed. Magic boxes can help freeze an enemy for a time, but either be ready to fight or ready to try to get away.

Don't forget the power of throwing objects from a characters hands by clicking the object on the screen. Example: you end up with three clubs in your inventory. Load one of the back two characters with one club in each hand and keep one as the mouse cursor. You are now ready to throw the club that is the mouse cursor and easily grab the other two clubs when needed to throw by clicking on the screen.

Learn how to dodge and circle around an enemy, instead of standing toe-to-toe. Whether you know it by now or not, there are enemies who have critical hits and can or will kill a character with one blow. You also don't need to kill everything you see. Sometimes, when in a room with one entrance/exit, it is better to pick up what you need from the room and leave. Make sure you close the door behind you.

Know your inventory. Screamer slices are food, but they don't really add up to much of a meal and weigh too much for one inventory slot. Don't eat until you are full, but eat until you are close to full, otherwise you waste too much food. If you are near a water source, fill your wine skins or potion bottles, and drink until your entire party is full. Then make sure your water skins are full before moving on. One other thing I remember doing was filling a chest up with good food and then dropping it in a place that was easy to get back to. When I cleared the level, I would then head back and pick up the chest. It's a lot easier than dropping things one item at a time then having to collect them all again.

Start small with spell level power and try to get everyone casting spells. Charge a spell before sleeping so you have more mana and the spell before you wake up again. Inventory items don't disappear, so you might want to work on finding little storage spaces you can drop extra equipment you want to come back to later. A lot of this game is about inventory management and eating, and it can become time consuming.

Different spells and potions are more effective against different enemies. Fireballs, for example, will kill mummies fairly quickly. The only thing to really keep in mind is that the game is played in real-time. You have to use your wits and everything at your disposal and you actually earn experience through actual experience. You don't need everything you find, but it up to you to figure out what is important. Don't ever overestimate your need for food and water. Once of the worst things in the game is walking along, dying of thirst and starvation with no relief in sight.

Best of luck to you!
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 12-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #58
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

My first victim in heavy battle with 2 worms.
BTW, ths rockpiles were 2, not one. Good door helped me. But these worms were very easy and chased me till the upstair. In the battle ( Fireball and Axe) I lost Hissa but killed both worms.
But rebirth altar was few meters back so I ressurected lovely green Hissa and voila.
Sadly new pair of these violet monsters appeared!
But this is fate of the brave yoga!
Even the battle with bad Frank in Fallout 2 was piece of cake against this worms!!
They attacked both at once and poisoned me immediately.
So I prepared 4 bottles with Anti poison mixture.

OFF: You really can ride yr bike without handlebars? Great!
Sehr gut!!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #59
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

The fight against Horrigan is a piece of cake when you do it the right way (which I didn't note down, of course...).
Old 12-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #60
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsen View Post
The fight against Horrigan is a piece of cake when you do it the right way (which I didn't note down, of course...).
OFF:
Sure. I remember that Frank and Sergeant group were against us - yoga 4-men army and 7 wall mounted machine guns. I have no any problems and after 4-5 minutes battle Frank was over.
Same in Fallout 1 when yoga from save distance ruined enemy-machine. About 65 shots and I won.

OK. Now I have to eliminate about 14 pair of hard worms. Violet and violent and big and pair.
Hard times for brave yoga, because I am unable to use all spells available. Still my heroes were not reach the level required.
For example my priest Elija does not create very important spell - Poison Cloud and my both fighters do not create simple spell - Magic torch. This way the game put the gamer in bad position to fight with axe, saber or even stones.
Never mind.
Some advisers said that is good idea to put my second line warriors (Wizard Gothmog and priest Elija) as a first line to acquire some battle experience. Maybe but against weak opponents.
yoga