Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #31
BlackWolfe Coyoten
Lurker

Reviving a dead thread for nostalgia factor.

I got this game when it was relatively new in a boxed set with "Tongue of the Fatman", a first-person adventure based on the novel "When Gravity Fails" (or, rather, the series that novel is part of), and one other game I can't recall. Even back then I had to slow down my CPU to play it -- imagine my chagrin when I discovered that the hard way (immediately after starting the first race, I slammed into an overpass a good third of the way along the track, taking myself out of the running)!

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the game wasn't even mentioned in the review, however: bounties. Every once in a while, a shady-looking fellow will offer a reward to take a specific driver out during your next race, which is a great way to earn the cash needed for future upgrades. I found it interesting because it hinted at the presence of a world outside the races themselves, which, while assumed, is otherwise completely ignored in favor of the gameplay.

This wasn't the best game I had back in the day (that would have been Sierra's dystopian black comedy adventure "Manhunter: New York") but it was a great way to kill some time and vent frustrations.
BlackWolfe Coyoten is offline                         Send a private message to BlackWolfe Coyoten