Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-03-2009, 07:26 AM   #11
Slobs

Some more details...

Pre-game considerations:

You will need at least 3 medicine and chemistry to make most items, but reading scotty's and uri's diaries will raise each of those by 1 point so 2 points may be doable.

Health, mental, spot hidden and hearing should be maxed. Physical stats - strength, dexterity - should be high also.

Lockpick can be left at zero - all you need to pick a lock is time, even with no skill at all.

If you store all your extra weapons and guns and only carry a single shovel and a shortsword or large ax you can carry almost all the items you need in the game.

Completing Objective 1:

1) Leave house, go to the general store and get all items (candles, bags/bottles)
2) Go to Dice's house, open his safe and get items in his house (matches, ax, map)
3) Go to Scotty's house, open his safe and get items (scotty journal, various devices, bags/bottles) in his house
4) Go to the MIB house, get items (shovel, truth device, mission journal)
5) Go to the Black's Farm, use the shovel when underneath the willow tree to the east of the forest clump here to get the Brass Key
6) While at the Black Farm, go down the well, get items (old wine, charcoal), enter the Mafia Mansion and give the Boss the mission journal
7) Go to the MIB house, get the artifact and let the creature out (then get the artifact again)
8) Wait for Scotty to give you the contact device, go to the stones east of his house, and use it to complete Objective 1.

As for objective 2, I still haven't figured it out. Apparently you're supposed to read the Pisro Scroll (One comes from Dice's safe, the other from Uri's mansion) from on top of the Black Tower, but this alone doesn't seem enough to keep the creature under the stone disk from killing you.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #12
Slobs

Actually, as it turns out the Diaries of Scotty and Bob don't just raise your skill by 1 point - they set it to 4 points. So there's no need to take any chemistry or first aid at all if you're feeling powergamery.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #13
Jung

Anyone know what Ti Chi, Ninjitsu and Psychology are supposed to do?

Old 13-03-2009, 05:37 AM   #14
WilliamC23
Abandonia nerd

I think Ti Chi and Ninjitsu increases the effectiveness of unarmed combat, and I think psychology helps your success/failure rate at initially conversing with people.
WilliamC23 is offline                         Send a private message to WilliamC23
Old 24-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
Slobs

K, I've figured almost everything out now; might write some kind of guide thing since the game is actually pretty deep when you get down to it.

Anyway, the minimum steps to beat the game seem to be:

1) Go to the MIB house, get shovel
2) Go to the tree near the Blacks' Farm Ruins, dig to get the vault key
3) Open the vault in the MIB house, get artifact (If you don't like being dead you may want to have a good weapon to kill the MIBs, or have the mob do it for you)
4) Wait until Scotty gives you the device to contact the aliens
5) Go to the stone circle east of Scotty's house and use the device while viewing the stone circle at night
6) Wait until the "really bizarre happenings" dialog option becomes available from NPCs
7) Take the Pizro scroll from Bob's Mansion [or Dice's safe]
8) Go to the black tower west of Bob's Mansion, wait until night, and read the scroll
9) Use Dice's radio to call for the plane
10) Go north to the lake and get in the plane

Now, the wierd part is that even after having returned the artifact to the aliens and having locked the Nygol away under the stone disk again, I still get the "2 weeks later, everyone on the island died" ending. I can only think this is a bug as if you go back to the Nygol's lair (the stone disk in the tunnels under Bob's mansion), you're not longer melted in half a second by the radiation.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #16
Dr Spangle
Default DOB

Hello,

I too find this game to be pretty intriguing. Apart from a few bugs and typos, the game is pretty engrossing. If anyone wants help writing a guide I wouldn't mind.

I've also managed to get to the top of the lighthouse, return the THING, unseal and reseal the Nygol using the Pisro scroll. It does seem strange that the game is not over at this point - perhaps once the Nygol is resealed some other ritual must be performed? At this point in the game (I think I'm on day 23) the sky is still very creepy.

There are two items that I have and don't know what to use them for: the harmonic eni sender, and the p vortex inductor. Any thoughts on these? Also, have the inscriptions been of help? I found them to be so small as to be useless.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #17
Dr Spangle
Default Clarification

Let me clarify - the inscriptions in the various caves / stone tower.

Thanks!

Old 16-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #18
Dr Spangle
Default Beating the Game

The only thing I can think of is the "odd tree on the island" (near Dice's House) which may be some sort of monster. Maybe something has to be done with that?

Old 17-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #19
Slobs

I think the vortex inductor is used at the top of the lighthouse (use a bomb to get in) to start a storm - doesn't seem to do much else, but I think that stops the storms / cold in future.

Haven't taken a look at the tree yet- not sure what it might do.

Old 18-08-2009, 07:09 AM   #20
sw0rdfighter
Default Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobs View Post
I think the vortex inductor is used at the top of the lighthouse (use a bomb to get in) to start a storm - doesn't seem to do much else, but I think that stops the storms / cold in future.

Haven't taken a look at the tree yet- not sure what it might do.
Not the p vortex inductor.Use the scalar altogenerator for that.

Dunno what the p vortex inductor is for but i think it has something to do with "round hill"(in reality p vortices are supposed to sometimes be created in those environments i think)