Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2005, 03:43 AM   #1
DrLitebur

I am looking for help with D-Fend and using a Tie Fighter ISO to get it to work. What are the settings I need to run the game? Which files do I put where, and whatnot. Thank you for whatever help you can provide.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:03 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

First you need to burn the .iso into a CD. Then use the CD like any other installation programs you ever encountered.

If you want to install the game under DOSBox you need to mount the CDrom drive with the -t extention.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:09 AM   #3
DrLitebur

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Jun 5 2005, 04:03 AM
First you need to burn the .iso into a CD. Then use the CD like any other installation programs you ever encountered.

If you want to install the game under DOSBox you need to mount the CDrom drive with the -t extention.
I already have done that. I am trying tofigure out which file is the right one to put in the setup.exe placement, and the game.exe placement. I can list the files, if it's needed, that I have in that folder. Please, I can use all the help I can get here.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:29 AM   #4
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I really don't understand your question. What exactly are you trying to do right now?
Old 05-06-2005, 04:42 AM   #5
DrLitebur

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Jun 5 2005, 04:29 AM
I really don't understand your question. What exactly are you trying to do right now?
I am having trouble getting the program to run. I am needing to know the name of the file to put into the setup.exe area (in the edit profile section of d-fend v2), as well as the game.exe area. The file keeps stopping as I try t run it, so I figure that is the problem...the wrong file names there. Here is alist of the file exe's in my folder.

boottie.exe ; detvesa.exe ; dos4gw.exe ; imuse.exe ; install.exe ; instlow.exe ; tie.exe ; tieauto.exe ; uvconfig.exe ; z_inst__.exe ; z_tie2__.exe ; and z_tie__.exe

Which do I put where? Or is there any help for me? Am I that off my rocker?

Old 05-06-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I still don't understand why you want to have the setup file and the game file and put them "somewhere", but the the install.exe file is the setup file and tie.exe is the game file.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #7
DrLitebur

Ok...set it up that way, and the game still won't load at all. I don't know what the major malfunction of the game is...maybe the game can;t be run by d-fend? Anyone have any ideas? It won;t even load the game...when it tries to run the TIE.exe, the thing crashes. So...I am not sure what the problem is. Thanks for whatever help you can give me.
DrLitebur is offline                         Send a private message to DrLitebur
Old 06-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #8
DrLitebur

A bump so maybe someone out there can help me.
DrLitebur is offline                         Send a private message to DrLitebur