Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
LavaWave
Lurker

Default Trying to remember a game I've found some time ago...

I think I've seen this game 5 years ago, maybe a bit longer :/ I remember very little about it as I've seen it once but I lost it, it is a platformer game and is very similar to the great Giana Sisters, the protagonist is a girl and the very early levels consist of medieval fantasy theme much like Giana, you go in small castle themed buildings and climb ladders and etc... there are traps like cannons shooting in the castles and I think you jump on enemies to defeat them much like Giana/Mario bros, it is also a sidescroller afaik, This is only the first level or the early stages iirc, as I didn't got far, it plays much like Giana, Mario, Captain Sevilla and those kind of games, I made an image consisting of one of the early levels from what I could remember.

I'm trying to look for this game everywhere but I could't find it and I don't remember where I found it or what's it's name, it's graphics are similar to Amiga games/DOS games think of Captain Sevilla and I don't remember if it was an Amiga game or a DOS game either, perhaps neither :/ but it was an abandonware or old game, I searched on many websites, including this one, dosgamesarchives and even lemonamiga and I couldn't find this game, I remember how it looks on screenshots but I couldn't find it anywhere, so I hope atleast someone who played it remembers it and can tell me please.

Thanks in advance.
LavaWave is offline                         Send a private message to LavaWave
Old 16-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Are you sure you've seen this game around 5 years ago? I'm not sure but it might be Realms of Chaos, and that one is quite a bit older than that, and quite hard to find, at least the full version. However the download here might (I didn't test it yet) be a full version as the size of contents of the archive is bigger than that of shareware version, which can be downloaded here.

PS: can't see the image you provided, might be a dead or wrong link.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 16-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

The only game of that era that features a female protagonist and has a medieval setting that I can remember is Inner Worlds.

But you could also check out (if you haven't already) Vinyl Goddess From Mars and Jill of the Jungle.

There's also another Mario-style game about a girl, Peach's Dream:

You can get it at dosgames.com.
Old 26-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Another DOS side-scrolling platform game with a girl protagonist to check out is Lollypop. Here's a playable demo: LOLLYDEM.ZIP
Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

BTW, somehow I forgot that there's a semi-unofficial port/remake of the original Giana Sisters by a German developer, Rainer Sinsch. He first made an unofficial DOS port of the game called Giana Worlds (later renamed to Giant Worlds for copyright reasons). Eventually Rainer Sinsch contacted the creator of the original Giana Sisters game, Armin Gessert, who gave official permission to develop and distribute Giant Worlds:
Quote:
Copyright questions have been solved (07-07-01)
Yesterday I had a nice phone call with Armin Gessert (the original c64 author and inventor of The Great Giana Sisters). It turned out that he has the rights for Giana Sisters and he was so kind to give us the permission to continue publishing giana worlds (I am very glad that issue has been solved). In case you may want to have a look at what Armin Gessert does now try out the web-site of his game development company: http://www.spellbound.de.
(source)

Both the older Giant Sisters clone (1998) and the Giana Worlds game are available from download.

Giant Sisters (DOS)

Giana Worlds (Win32)