Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2005, 03:33 AM   #21
Durak
Games Master

"NOTE: Chip's Challenge is copyrighted software sold in Windows Entertainment Pack #4; it is also included in the Best of Microsoft Entertainment Pack - still carried by CompUSA as of 6/30/98. It is illegal to distribute the software freely via the Internet, but you may be able to purchase the software online at
half.com .
No, I cannot send you Chip's Challenge." copied from http://www.stage62.com/chipedit/chipedit.htm

Either this is out of date or we're illegal.
Durak is offline                         Send a private message to Durak
Old 08-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #22
The_EgAt
Abandonia nerd

If you want "An open source reimplementation of Chip's Challenge, for Windows and Linux", you can download Tile World

It has both better graphics and smoother gameplay. It does not include chips.dat, which contains the levels, but you can copy it to the tworld dir (I think, maybe it's a subdir from tworld) and play the original levels.
The_EgAt is offline                         Send a private message to The_EgAt
Old 24-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #23
Deaths-little-helper
Lurker

Hey! i remember the whole pack of games! i have the pack on my cpu still! if u want it just e-mail me! Bogdavult@yahoo.com
Deaths-little-helper is offline                         Send a private message to Deaths-little-helper
Old 05-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #24

Hey, anyone got password for 24?

I cant get past BlobNet! (23) if you dont believe me that if got past it, i can tell ya password to 23

Old 23-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #25
Minti

I got this game back in the day as a part of the Best of Entertainment pack, which included SkiFree, Rodent's Revenge and my personal favourite, Pipe Dream. I still have the pack on my computer.
Just checked my Chip's, and I'm on level 121, so if someone wants passwords, let me know. Also, as you might have noticed, the game lets you skip to the next level if you seem to be having trouble with it. k:
Minti is offline                         Send a private message to Minti
Old 21-04-2005, 06:36 AM   #26
Nostalgic times

All sweet memories...

Chips Challenge is outstanding in Microsoft Entertain Pack at the time it is released. I spent many nights at the computer playing it until tired.

Right now I play DROD (Deadly Rooms of Death), which has similar concept like Chips Challenge and has lots more puzzles to solve. The difference is instead of getting all the chips you have to kill all monsters in a room, then finish all rooms (usually 10-15 rooms) to go to the next level. I must say sometimes this game is driving me crazy because it is insanely HARD. There are 25 levels in the originals and lots of fanmade levels free to download.

If you want to try it, visit www.drod.net. It is rated the top puzzle game now at Underdogs.

Old 21-04-2005, 10:20 AM   #27

I never knew that I would find Chips when innocently surfing the internet. I have been looking for that game for ages and forgot about it until now......
I like the puzzles. I'm currently at level 12......

Old 24-04-2005, 10:21 AM   #28

Oh after you play Chips Challenge then you should play DROD. I got quite a handful piece of game when I started playing DROD. Trouble is that, sometimes the puzzles of DROD is too HARD. I frequently want to uninstall the game and smash my hard disk Once a day A game that could drive you to insanity. Too much of a game, it is addictive right from the start. Be warned!

And better, it's totally free. Try at
www.drod.net

Old 25-05-2005, 12:27 AM   #29
Yrael

hey, for som reason it wont let me play, i try and use dosbox it says the game requires windows, if i try in windows the game says it cant run in either msdos or windows! wtf? any ideas?

Old 25-05-2005, 01:03 AM   #30
win98
In the loop on hardware.

I remeber this when we got our first pc pentinum 2 233mhz a friend dowloade this for us me and dad (i was still living at home) play it for hours but our pc broke so we got it upgraded i am using it right now since it is mine now it need a new harddrive and mother board when it was upgraded chips challange had not een back up so it was GONE
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98