Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
gatz

Default It's been 17 years. Has someone discovered the secrets of Synnergist?

In 1996, there was a dos point & click adventure game released by the name of Synnergist. It was notable for being Vicarious Visions' first video game - the company's founders supposedly made it in high school. Here's a plot blurb:
Quote:
In Synnergist the player takes the role of Tim Machin, an ambitious young journalist forced by cruel circumstances to work for a trashy tabloid newspaper. Set in the year 2010, the game puts the player on the streets of New Arhus—a city of extremes, crammed with both cutting edge technology and the decaying remnants of a once proud past. Very soon, Tim finds himself on the trail of a sinister force that appears to be connected to the crime and killing...
Here's the interesting part. A magazine in the 90's called Coming Soon Magazine revealed that
Quote:
The storyline to Synnergist is much deeper than it appears to be. There are some hidden easter eggs in the game that will reveal the secret to the game quite blatently if found and you'll know what Synnergist actually means. Vicarious Visions is offering a big grand prize to the first five people to discover these hidden easter eggs within the game. Coming Soon Magazine received this information from a reliable source at VV who says that even 21st Century and most of the developement team at VV don't even know they exist. The hidden areas will include new video sequences, rooms, puzzles, etc. If you think you've found these hidden easter eggs, you should email VV directly at chance@thematrix.com. To give you a start to finding these easter eggs, don't always assume that the word GO, goes to where you think it will.
Were these secrets ever found? I've completed it twice, but I can't find anything close to what Coming Soon Magazine says. I do think that there is some sort of secret in the game - the endings make little sense without something else to explain them. I've searched the internet, but I've found absolutely nothing on these supposed easter eggs, or Vicarious Vision's prize. Was this all a hoax to try to generate interest on a game that was a commercial failure?
gatz is offline                         Send a private message to gatz
Old 27-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The game doesn't seem became too popular, so the best I could find for now is a walkthrough:
http://www.gamesover.com/walkthroughs/synner.htm

There is also a playthrough on youtube.

Check those to find out if you missed anything.
Heh, it might be you long ago found those supposed eeggs, but they r not that hard-hidden, so everyone keeps wondering