Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
Silver Duran
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Silver Duran Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Duran

i knew a couple more would hit me...
Eternal Darkness for the Game Cube...but thats 3rd person...
and of course there's BioShock 1 and 2
Old 15-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
ayoeness
Sleep doll, mommy's mining

I really liked Alone in the dark.

But since I am a total chicken, it scared the crap out of me, bad graphics and all.

And Silent Hill, and the same thing goes for that one.
Crowley had been extremely impressed with the warranties offered by the computer industry, and had in fact sent a bundle Below to the department that drew up the Immortal Soul agreements, with a yellow memo form attached just saying: "Learn, guys."
ayoeness is offline                         Send a private message to ayoeness
Old 15-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #13
Silver Duran
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Silver Duran Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Duran

I love the Silent Hill games, one of my more favorite series'.

I too was once afraid of Sur/Hor games, till i played the first Fatal Frame game in the dark armed only with a bottle of Vault and a bag of Combo's, and i haven't been afraid sense lmao
Old 15-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #14
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

the only way you CAN play horror games is in the dark of night, I wish i could find a night where i was home alone in the dark with a storm outside playing Call of Cthulhu, that'd make my day the fright makes me excited!

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 30-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #15
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Phantasmagoria 2: a puzzle of flesh.
It is a nice-enough horro-adventure IF you don't want to find every nitty-bitty video, because I feel then the thing goes collapsed. Rly. Just no sense in the middle of a workday to go home to look into your mirror to see a screen - appart from playing this the hundreds time looking for collecting every video. As it is made with living characters, not drawn-one.

But I'd stay away from Phantasmagoria 1, as that bored me to death. It bores me so much I gladly finish it at the point of the third disc, as that disc no longer works for me

I know another "failed attempt": Necronomicon - dawn of darkness.
That game rly had good graphic and Lovecraftian visuals. Too bad that solving the puzzles for real is almost impossible (one of the hardest even has absolutly no clue), but using the trial-and-error method 99% of the puzzles can be solved in 3 seconds (except for the one I just mentioned, that requires an awful amount of time to solve without a walkthrough).

For the end: although in it you use a gun besides the flaslight, Blair Witch Project: Rustin Parr was totally awesome for me. It was like in feeling (but not in controll) Alone in the Dark in first-person view, the visuals are good, and the puzzles are decent (for my standard anyway). The only hardpoint of this was the very last thing: to run from the demon - I almost always die there taking the wrong way
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 14-04-2020, 02:56 AM   #16
rebel_yell

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post

But I'd stay away from Phantasmagoria 1, as that bored me to death. It bores me so much I gladly finish it at the point of the third disc, as that disc no longer works for me
If you ever find yourself wanting to introduce a woman to a computer game, Phantasmagoria 1 is the game to choose. I have used it on 5 different females all of whom assured me they had no interest in "video games." I think because it's a story about a relationship of a husband and wife, it draws women in. Yes, it starts out slowly but it builds and it doesn't stop. Just get them past the sticky points and you won't have to babysit them. I had my wife calling me at work asking me what to do when she got stuck. She was unable to resist playing it.

I also played Phantasmagoria 2, and found it to be quite a disappointment.

Reb
rebel_yell is offline                         Send a private message to rebel_yell