Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #21
Gelfo
Game freak

Shame. I still own this on the amiga though, so that's ok.

I could play this for ages with a friend, it's good simple fun
Old 23-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #22
CaptainHM

Just downloaded this elsewhere (I bought it years ago for the Atari Lynx if that makes it OK) but I can't get it to load. I'm using DOSbox and I keep getting a configuration screen. I've configured it now and I want to play. What am I doing wrong?

Old 23-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #23
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainHM@Nov 23 2005, 10:24 PM
Just downloaded this elsewhere (I bought it years ago for the Atari Lynx if that makes it OK)
Of course it doesn't. That would be like saying "Oh, it's OK for me to get a counterfeit dog licence for my golden retriever, because I bought a licence for my chihuahua that died ten years ago".
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 23-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #24

Well, I wasn't really all that bothered about it being OK, but a few other people had mentioned that they owned it on other systems so I joined in.

Besides, has anyone actually played the version of Rampart on Midway Arcade Treasures? It's a terrible port with totally unresponsive controls. On the PS2 anyway.

Anyway, I'm still not having any luck making it work. All I seem to be able to do is configure various settings then exit the config menu to dos (as emulated by dosbox). Is there something really obvious I'm missing? Or is it more likely that it just doesn't work properly with DOSbox?

Old 23-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #25
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

According to the compatibility symbols it should work with DOSBox. Are you using the latest version?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 23-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #26

I only downloaded it about a month ago. I think it's 0.63

It's weird, if I set the compatability to windows 95 and double click it it starts the game without the config menu but doesn't respond to mouse or keyboard (which is what usually happens with DOS games on this PC). Why doesn't it do that in Dosbox?

Old 23-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #27

OK, think I solved it. Not sure how, but I did.

Old 23-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #28

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Old 27-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #29
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles+Nov 23 2005, 10:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Nov 23 2005, 10:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHM@Nov 23 2005, 10:24 PM
Just downloaded this elsewhere (I bought it years ago for the Atari Lynx if that makes it OK)
Of course it doesn't. That would be like saying "Oh, it's OK for me to get a counterfeit dog licence for my golden retriever, because I bought a licence for my chihuahua that died ten years ago". [/b][/quote]
That's not a good analogy It's more like saying "I download the song by Artist X but I already have it sung by Artist Y on a CD I bought".

Anyway, I'm no fan of ESA in any way. The past 6 years I've been running my behind off trying to track the harder to find games that I always wanted to play - bless eBay - but try finding Rampart for PC on there!!! Good thing I already had it before it got pulled down because finding the original PC version is damn hard.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #30

Where's the download link?? HELP!