Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting > General compatibility fixes
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #11
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

I get it to install without any errors, but once it's done, and I've selected to use the CD, it doesn't want to start. I click on the bat and the exe, but it just goes blank and sits....
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 31-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #12
alienstookmybeer

You should look at the link to the forum I posted. Following that, I used Dosbox by running a full install, then moved the *.vid files from the cd to my c: drive (after this, I do not use the cd). Also modified z.cfg so the path and pathcd are the same.. c:\dagger\arena2. Created dag.bat (@fall.exe z.cfg) and had dosbox mount c: drive only and run the dag.bat file. Also needed ctrl+F10 after startup to lock the mouse in.
alienstookmybeer is offline                         Send a private message to alienstookmybeer
Old 31-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #13
N17R0
Abandonia nerd

If you're talking about the DFInstaller, the option for running without the cd is a little undependable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it breaks the game.
N17R0 is offline                         Send a private message to N17R0
Old 02-02-2005, 04:06 AM   #14
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

holy #@%* alientookyourbeer.... lemme see if I can get that straight....
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 13-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #15
geoffroyguy
Lurker

Send a message via AIM to geoffroyguy Send a message via MSN to geoffroyguy Send a message via Yahoo to geoffroyguy

I managed to install using a third party installer after cleaning my CD. I installed on a Dell laptop successfully (no sound). I then ran daggerfall and installed the sound. The sound works fine as soundblaster choice. I have a number of problems, though, related to the keyboard operation.
First, the arrow keys are all recognized as left shift. I got around this by changing to letter keys.
Second, after changing, I can't get reverse movement to work at all.
The crouch mode works on "D", but I can't move forward or reverse, just turn right or left.
Third problem is levitation. I thought the page up/down keys might not be recognized, so I switched them to g and h. The spell still won't work at all. Any ideas to resolve this would be appreciated.
Fourth, I installed several of the added quest packages. I did the one where a pack of imps fllies away and you have to find them in a dungeon and kill them much like the wandering harpies or giants. One problem, they are all invisible all the time. Is this a bug in the download or what?
THanks for any help.
Geoffroyguy
geoffroyguy is offline                         Send a private message to geoffroyguy
Old 14-02-2005, 04:13 AM   #16
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

nothing I do can seem to get this one to work.
sigh
what a waste