Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
Carcaroth
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to Carcaroth Send a message via AIM to Carcaroth Send a message via MSN to Carcaroth Send a message via Yahoo to Carcaroth

I don't know if there is already a topic about this here, but I want to know what we people that not only download games, but actually make part of Abandonia, do for a living. I, for an example, am a graphic designer, that is wishing to migrate to the games industry. What about you people?

~Ceramic White PSP Status~
FW: 3.72 HX-2
Carcaroth is offline                         Send a private message to Carcaroth
Old 14-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

There was a topic on this earlier, but it seems it's buried. I guess that with the policies on necro posting, and the fact that there have been new members, this could stay. Just don't be supprised if some of the senior citizens here choose not to post

Anyway, me? I'm between jobs. Plain and simple. Would like to get one soon though.

EDIT: Ok, I used to play in bands for centuries, but it never paid Then: Odd jobs, like sitting in a van all day delivering all sorts of stuff to disabled people, a very useful experience that. Cutting trees for a month... chopping fire wood, giving a hand at some construction site... in short, odd jobs. Nothing steady, although I'd really like to have one. Now I'm looking for a job. That is a serious drag. No school = slim chances. Being in the mid 30's doesn't exactly help either

2nd EDIT: Lulu Jane: Actually, I couldn't go to University even if I wanted to. I never finished the neccessary education to be accepted into one :wallbash: /
Old 14-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
Carcaroth
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to Carcaroth Send a message via AIM to Carcaroth Send a message via MSN to Carcaroth Send a message via Yahoo to Carcaroth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Dec 14 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]271733[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There was a topic on this earlier, but it seems it's buried. I guess that with the policies on necro posting, and the fact that there have been new members, this could stay. Just don't be supprised if some of the senior citizens here choose not to post

Anyway, me? I'm between jobs. Plain and simple. Would like to get one soon though.
[/b]
What kinds of jobs? And if you people want to say how old, it's relevant information too. I am 24. Go on Mighty Midget. Don't be shy.

~Ceramic White PSP Status~
FW: 3.72 HX-2
Carcaroth is offline                         Send a private message to Carcaroth
Old 14-12-2006, 11:25 PM   #4
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I'm a warehouse grunt at Gisle Krigsvoll. However, from March 13th, 2007, I will be working fulltime here.

I am 26.
Old 15-12-2006, 12:03 AM   #5
nace
Abandonia nerd

Location: Kavadarci, Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of

OK, I`m currently a student in Bulgaria, but I`m a Macedonian cittizen (if spelled correctly, I dont know, I`m sleepy), I travel to Macedonia and back every month . This is my final year, so now when half of it is gone, I guess I have half a year left. I`m studying English Phyology, and if I don`t continue with post diplome studies I hope to work something worth the efford. My folks are supporting me financially (normally), I take some money as a schollarship every month and thats about it.

I used to play in a rock band too - and I totally agree with MM, rock and roll life is sweet but poor. Whell, if you don`t manage to get your face on MTV for sure.

Appart from that I worked in my brothers internet caffe, but I didn`t like the job too much. And it was (again) allmost not paid. :not_ok:

I`ll always love music, even if I ever became a teacher or a translator, or I don`t know what. Me and the guys from my former band are thinking about gathering up again this summer, when we all come back from studies and everything. I can`t wait

My hobbies: basketball, writing in forums (also resently opened one), playing and listening to music (I play the guitar ) I used to be the singer in the band . The band formely known as "Visok Napon" or "High Voltage" if you preffer in english .

So that`s that.
Oh, I`m 23 by the way. My photo in the profile is ugly, but I`m to lazy to change it right now, I just might do that tomorow. yes, that would be nice
nace is offline                         Send a private message to nace
Old 15-12-2006, 06:37 AM   #6
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

*taps the microphone*

Is this thing on?

Anyways, I work for a tiny little software development company - I think that there's only 6 of us at the moment. However, we're small but strong, making security programs and processing systems for big frieght/logistics companies around the world who shall remain nameless.

Because we're so small we get to take on many roles, but lately I've been involved mainly in the technical writting and training. I'm not a programmer.

Like Mighty Midget, I didn't go to university either so I'm hanging onto this job for dear life

So, that's my job. It's not my passion, but it pays my bills and it lets me spend lots of time in different countries - so it's all good for now.
Old 15-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #7
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I'm doing a apprenticeship as an IT-salesman.

It / IT's quite cool... But I'm not sure if im going on in this branch.
I think I'll be sticking more to the salesman. Anyhow it's useful to get a deeper view into the stuff.

I don't mean to be a crack, but if you do user-support - you won't believe it.
n00b is no expression for what some people do to their PCs. <_<
Once a user in my company called me and said her EXCEL-chart was full.
I was like mg2: "OMFG?! It goes down to 65556 or something and right to IZ!!!"

Solution was she didn't scoll... :tai:
Old 15-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Im currently a Studend, studying computers and stuff like that.

However, Im not planning to become a enterpreuner, computer maker or video game designer. As a charismatic, idealistic and never-giving-up person, Im trying to get into pro-wrestling business. Why? Because of its fanatic fan-base.

Otherwise, Il become a movie star. Im currently 16 years old.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 15-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #9
The Spider Mastermind
Forum hobbit

Student. I study history and economics. I graduate this year, and I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with myself.

I'll probably get an office job and spend at least a year behind a desk.
The Spider Mastermind is offline                         Send a private message to The Spider Mastermind
Old 15-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #10
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'm a student, currently in Sixth Form (A Levels coming up). I'm hoping to go onto Uni to study Economics. If I get any work acting I'd jump at it, but it'll probably just stay as a hobby.

EDIT: Incidentally Tom, weren't you studying medicine? Are these other jobs just to support while you do that or are you putting it on hold?
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell