Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #31
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 8 2005, 09:58 PM
I know a guy who wouldn't go to the doctor, because he just had to run 3 miles daily - even with a broken leg. He didn't know it was broken - it just hurted really bad after he fell on ice. But he said: "the doctor would tell me to stay off my feet for a while and I couldn't run anymore. But I have to run to stay in shape." He was luck they could save hit leg. It got really ugly after a few days. He almost had a nervous brake down when he had to lay in the hospital for two weeks and couldn't even walk - let alone run.
That reminds me of a doctor I once knew.
He was this really athletic guy and would go ride on his bicycle each morning.
And he was always mocking my brother, saying he should loose weight and exercise.
One day the poor guy got a hearattack while riding his bicycle along the highway and got run over by a truck carrying boxes of Ice Cream.

But anyway I'm straying off topic.

Everything is bad when you are addicted to it not just objects but other stuff too, like religion. Athe?sm too, because if you become to righteous in your athe?sm you become a downright jerk (like my teacher french from last year... he was a depressing jerk)
Old 08-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #32
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I'm so pleased you asked this question, and I'm sorry I missed it when it was originally posted... :whistle:

[begin rant]

I personally feel that drugs are quite possibly the worst thing to happen to the world.

I never tried drugs other than the occasional pot-smoking at a party until last year. Before my experiences in the last year, I felt simply that drugs were okay as long as the person who did them wasn't addicted. I had lots of friends who used them occasionally as "party-favors."

I still actually feel that drugs themselves are not bad. I've done a lot of different kinds in the past year, and I never got out control, myself. Part of that, I'm sure, was that I was so scared that I would do something crazy that I kept myself focused enough not to.

People on drugs, however, I feel are horrendous. They rationalize that they're only doing it for fun, and yet if you suggest that they're better off without it, they get mad at you. I've been screamed at for no reason, babysat people who were so messed up they couldn't move and were puking all over themselves, tried to prevent some of my female friends from practically being raped, had one of my friends get beaten by her drugged-up boyfriend, been robbed, and a ridiculous list of other awful things. All of this from people who insist they aren't addicted.

As soon as I told them that I was tired of it, and didn't see the point, and didn't want to do any more, I was shunned as a leper. Nobody wanted to have anything to do with me anymore.

My boyfriend, who stopped doing everything too, except weed, was still accepted, and so they constantly were trying to get him to break up with me (which, obviously, he eventually did). I tried so hard to get him to see that they were trouble, that he was only going to be dragged down to their level, but I was just told I was being critical.

Because he still smoked weed daily, it was impossible to have an actual conversation with him, since I was sober. I was told often that I talked too much, that he couldn't understand what I was trying to say, or he would just stare at me with his eyes glazed over.

It was awful. I started actually believing something was wrong with me, that I was the only person who seemed to have a problem with the whole situation, and yet I knew deep down it wasn't right.

I think that if people could use drugs without becoming twisted shells of the people they once were, it would be okay. Like alcohol, I think some people can use them responsibly, because I did. There's a line that should not be crossed when using substances as entertainment, and unfortunately, people using those substances often fail to see that line, and cross over it and then some.

[end rant]

Even thinking so, and having been responsible myself, I don't think I will ever touch them again. It was the most miserable experience I have ever had.

taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 08-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #33
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by taikara@Feb 8 2005, 10:45 PM
he would just stare at me with his eyes glazed over.
That's what scares me most about stoned people, the way they just stare for long peroids of time, barely moving, it's one of the things I use to remind myself not to smoke weed.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 08-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #34
xoopx
Hero Gamer

weed doesnt do anything for me anymore. i had it a few times when i was younger (ate it) but its overrated.
i knew a dutch girl who smoked it 24/7 - she had it growing in her garden - but she quit it because it made her paranoid in the end.

abusing alcohol is probably the biggest problem, people here in the uk think its clever to get s***faced drunk every week
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 08-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #35
JJXB
Pi-voh

well, cannabis has its medical uses (MS sufferers when needed) but otherwise i think that if you want to take drugs, do it but don't get me involved. i'd rather not screw up my life by taking drugs and it becoming a habit so i have no inclination to try drugs (or cigarettes for that matter)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 09-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #36
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

it's great to have so many (partly different) opinions gathered here.

i for myself, have smoked pot over several years, and that not only occationally!

but after having noticed how my friends, who have done it even more intense,
have changed in many ways - character, behaviour, etc. - it was a clear decision
for me to quit it!

of course, alcohol and tobacco are no better! making them illegal would be a
good start, but after this has been accepted by society for so many years, it
will be quite hard to get this change going.

in my opinion, ppl underestimate the negative effects of pot, alcohol and cigarettes
(harder stuff is even worse, of course!). and seeing that consumers are getting
younger and younger makes me feel sad!

but it's good to hear, that most of the users here are not so keen on such stuff,
making me confident about the future, and that people maybe will be more responsible
about their health and their soul! keep abstinent, folks! you won't regret it for sure!!!
Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 09-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #37
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Strobe@Feb 9 2005, 09:29 PM

good start, but after this has been accepted by society for so many years, it
will be quite hard to get this change going.

Excuse me but drugs is far from a recent thing, the use of drugs goes back thousands of years.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #38
Black angel
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Black angel Send a message via AIM to Black angel Send a message via MSN to Black angel Send a message via Yahoo to Black angel

I was using a lot of stuff until not long ago. Alcohol, cigarettes, marihuana and pies are just harmless examples. But I decided to stop with that. When I'll have children, I want them to be healthy and strong, not weak and ill "badgrownies" that many teenagers in schools are.
I still feel strong call to fall back at times, as it's not that long ago that I stopped. But now I have someone to help me with that. And after Freddy told me one quite shocking story, it helps me also a lot to stay away from drugs...
Black angel is offline                         Send a private message to Black angel
Old 10-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #39
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I tried both heavy stuff and light stuff, but in the end beer is the best.Of course if you want to get high, there are other stuff....
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 PM   #40
ultranewbie
Abandonia nerd

i think the reason lots of kids start smoking drugs is because it's easier to get than alcohol. it's also because the dealers don't care about the ethics of selling to kids, as it's illegal anyway and they still get money. usually more money from inexperienced users.
ultranewbie is offline                         Send a private message to ultranewbie