Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-09-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Hi guys i thing it is about time we start a place for people to post links to windows 98se utilitys given my old pc has it so i have a few i will post em later now start posting your links k:
EDITops the title should say the windows 98se links page
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 27-09-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
Oberon

4dos, is a shell replacer for the standard msdos shell Command.com.
it's like changing from windows 3.11 to win95, so 4dos is the best replacement if u still use dos e.x. for ur dos abandon games ..

Quote:
Tired of using tedious point-and-click or an obsolete command line to manage your system? JP Software's award-winning command line tools give you a new command prompt that you can use every day -- for everything from launching applications to serious file management and scripting.

Far more powerful than the built-in Windows command line, 4Dos make the C:\ prompt flexible and robust, and give you hundreds of new batch file tools as well! All of the familiar commands such as COPY and DIR are still supported, so you'll find them easy to use immediately without a long learning period. A thorough and extensive help system is instantly accessible to assist you at any time.

* File management tools let you manage complex file systems, deep directory structures, and large hard drives with ease. Handle multiple files and directories with a single command, select files by date, time, or size, display names colored by type, and find files or text fast, anywhere on your workstation or even on remote machines.

* Working at the prompt becomes far simpler with a powerful and configurable command line editor, tab filename completion that lets you enter any filename with just a few keystrokes, powerful aliases to create your own command sequences and abbreviations, user-defined functions, builtin ftp access, and fast system-wide directory navigation.

* Automation and scripting tools make it easy to develop powerful new commands and scripts to automate practically anything. Use simple aliases to customize the built-in commands, or create new ones. For more serious scripting work, batch file extensions give you easy access to tools such as arithmetic calculations, system status variables, loops, functions and subroutines.

These are just a few items from among the thousands of improvements we've made to the traditional command line.
4dos is now freeware. To download it go to the JP Software Site
Oberon is offline                         Send a private message to Oberon
Old 27-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Sweet i have one called windows98se unoffical service packDownload It From This Site
Old 28-09-2005, 01:13 AM   #4
win98
In the loop on hardware.

well an update from me i am just about to get the thing called 98se to me