Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
JudgeDeadd
Super Freak

Arrow Leaving

I am departing.
I'd like to apologize for my bad attitude, for all the offensive things I said towards the people here.

Japofran et consortes was right about the Wolf3D article, I'm not a right person to write for AT.

I thought about this, and I decided I don't really fit in this community. I decided to leave. I don't feel that good around here and I'm getting a feeling that you aren't finding my company pleasant too.
Old 15-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well, seems i missed all the fun again
Old 15-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I think the both parties involved, you and that group, are over-reacting a bit.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 15-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

This is just wrong.
Listen Jacek, no-one really hates you here.
Since site layout has changed (not our will) we tried to improve this place and fix all the problems with our hands...try to walk in our shoes now...you popped in occasionally in last two years just to say "oh crap this place sucks so much I want old Abandonia". And we say "Ok, we can't restore old Abandonia but we are trying to do our best, what we can do to improve this place?"...and then silence.

I'm not surprised by other reaction...AB Mag is only the peak of the iceberg.
I think the Mag is a brilliant thing, born thanks to the community.
You come here and say that it's not so well done, after that you have your epiphany and change your mind...time for an article, topic: about how much Wolfenstein wasn't so good..

I think your approach to things is wrong.
Use your energies to being constructive instead, finish that article and say what you think... and why not write a new one about a game you love.

Quote:
Maybe if someone who loves Wolfenstein 3D felt like writing their version of the review (which addresses the same issues etc.) then the two reviews could "face off" in one article?
This is a good solution IMO.

Now, if you want to go we can't stop you but I would like you not to leave.
Old 15-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

??

It was just a discussion--I've had tons. I didn't see it as nasty. :/

Can't we have a discussion?

(Did you expect not to have it after saying Wolf3D sucks?) :P

This is an Internet forum, is it?
Old 16-05-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
Chris
Abandonia Homie

"Love uses a scale which is a stranger to friendship, the time!"
random quote, roughly translated

Jacek, I can understand the point in your Wolf3D review. Whenever I re-discover an old love from the past and start to play it, I feel slightly disappointed on how it looks and feels compared to my memories. These old games were always looking better and more fun to play when I was younger.

From your profile I read that you are 18 - that means that you were merely one year old when Wolfenstein was released. I don't know if you can grab the feeling of these days. PC gaming was in it's childhood and Wolf3D was a milestone when it came to market.

It's just different views - compared to current games this one is crap. I wouldn't look at it nowadays, even if it came for free in a ribbon wrapped box - if there weren't the good old memories that made it fun to play and the honest admire of what was possible these days.

Maybe you are right, and you are not the person to write an article about this game for AT, which is intended to be an oldgames magazine, but this isn't a reason to leave Abandonia for good. You are around here for such a long time - even longer than I am. Just imagine the times when you've started to play games, probably around 2000, when you were 10 years old. At that time games like Command & Conquer, Diablo 1 or Dungeon Keeper were state-of-the-art. And now go and ask 10 year old children today about their opinion of these games. You know what they'll tell you.. They're crap! You'll probably notice, that you also belong to the scrap heap already?

There's no reason to leave this forum, even if there are some people who have already put on more rust than you have. We're here for the old games, everyone with his own perspective. View these gems as gaming history - that's where they belong, but not necessesarily what they deserve from a certain point of view.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 16-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #7
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Don't you dare leave! It needs all kinds to build an abandonia...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 16-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Oh come on... if people left only because of a difference of opinions, we wouldn't get anywhere.

The way I see it? Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and that includes reviewing games.

In my own review on AB I went and completely trashed Absolute Pinball. This doesn't mean everyone has to see the game the same way I do.

And let me tell you something - nothing draws as much attention and discussion as a controversy. That's the chief reason for the idea of "set bowel disruptors to prolaps".

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
Peter
Forum hobbit

Grow up kid!

Believe me it is much better that people disagree and discuss that with you, then when they simply ignore your ideas.
Peter is offline                         Send a private message to Peter
Old 16-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
hahajejeje
Call him Nacho!

GOSH!!
men!! you look like a kid (believe,im am).If you had problems with somebody in this place just talk about it,dont leave! thats for cowards.
And if you cant get peace with somebody here then leave it,but dont do it like an Emo ,thats even more silly.
hahajejeje is offline                         Send a private message to hahajejeje