Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default Chris High + Web bot

And other 2012 stuff...

Now i know it's a UFO site, but yea...

http://www.realufos.net/2009/04/summ...rediction.html

Web bot i believe was coded by Chris in 1997 to predict future stock market prices, but has now been made to do so much more, and that is gather information on searches all over the internet to create a basic knowledge of the sub conscious words humans search for the most, to predict the future, and the reason i bring this up is because of the television documentary "The Nostradamus Effect"

And in THIS episode, it brought Chris up. In Early 2001, he predicted 9/11. He Predicted Hurrican Catrina, he predicted Swine Flu, IM SCARED.

I know it's prolly either coincidence, or some other strange phenomena involved, BUT it's still kinda neat to think of!

more stuff;

http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2009/04/l...rediction.html (that one has a interview with cliff in the media player i think)

http://www.grinningplanet.com/articl...redictions.htm

UPDATE

just found out about this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Global_Seed_Vault

Good to see the Norwegians are on the ball, but honestly, it's in such a remote location it's not goona matter; The people on the island cant use it, cause it'd too cold, and everybody every else would never be able to reach it! It'd be better to take the cold War route and make Vaults that could support PEOPLE!

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.

Last edited by Fubb; 24-04-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 24-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

What proof does he have that he predicted 9/11, and why didn't he say anything before it happened? Don't get carried away by all kinds of strange teachings, Fubb. People are just out to terrify you. Earthquakes and wars and stuff is just the beginnings of birthpains. Don't be so concerned, and don't let yourself be terrified by this crap, Fubbsy. It's gonna be all right *patpat*

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 24-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

The Nostradamus Effect is bullshit. So is 80% of the History Channel's shows. Conspiracy theorists say that Nostradamus predicted Hitler by predicting a person named "Hister". Hitler and Hister are two different words like Russ and _r.u.s.s.. Also, Nostradamus' predictions are so vague, you can fit anything into them.

For example, believers say that his passage predicted the Challenger disaster:

Quote:

From the human flock nine will be sent away,
Separated from judgment and counsel:
Their fate will be sealed on departure
Kappa, Thita, Lambda the banished dead err (I.81).

The thing is, it's so vague, you can retrofit anything into it. For example, I could say that this passage predicts any disaster involving 9 people. Another thing is that Nostradamus believers bend Nostradamus' teaching to predict things.

About the Web Bot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracked.com
The Web-bot's data pool is limited to what is being discussed on the Internet. If the National Hurricane Center predicts that an upcoming hurricane season will be a particularly bad one, and everyone online starts talking about it, the Web-bot will spring into action by helpfully predicting the upcoming hurricane season will be a particularly bad one.

So why is the Web-bot predicting a cataclysmic event in 2012? Because end of the world alarmists are flooding the Internet with tons of information alleging some apocalyptic occurrence in 2012, that's why. Seriously, it's the Carlos Mencia of clairvoyant robots.
http://www.cracked.com/article_17445...llshit_p1.html

-Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Kugerfang; 24-04-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 24-04-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

What I don't get is why everyone is so alarmed and afraid. If it's going to end in some vis major apocalypse, there's nothing one can do about it, so basically whether you live afraid for the next two years or not, it's gonna happen anyway. And you know, people should be more terrified of the repercussions for the damage we did to our environment and of the lack of natural resources, not some mystical planetary alignment that's going to shake the Earth apart.
Old 24-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
What proof does he have that he predicted 9/11, and why didn't he say anything before it happened?
He said announced 9/11 was goona happen in the June of 2001, before it happened, same thing with the rest of his stuff!

Maybe I should become a survivalist

Hun your right though, even if 2012 happens, why would it matter? The way they say it, it sounds like we'll all be dead like instantly! No one talks about the possibility for survival or anything along those lines. People survived the Ice Age, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Disease, man kind is too stubborn to go extinct in a day. :\

We ate the horse.
Old 28-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
aarne
Lucifer

<T-Wolf> ya, why man?
<RdAwG20> lol, just wondering, was her namne alisson?
<T-Wolf> you mother f*cker
aarne is offline                         Send a private message to aarne
Old 03-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
LordZsar1
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to LordZsar1 Send a message via MSN to LordZsar1

Be scared that the world might not end.
... I read a novel about something along such a line:
Die and be reborn in another world, die there and be reborn again... and again... and again.
The eternal recurrence - a thought that drove at least one german philosopher close to madness (and madness did he reach, but in the end for other reasons, I think):
"If the world had an end, this end had been reached already and nothing would change. But it does and therefore that end has not been reached - thus there can be no end. Without an end, however, history is bound to recur in cycles and all progess a mere illusion."

... Actually, here I disagree with Nietzsche (to keep my own sanity in it's crumbling state of not-much-less-than-stability) - there is no basis for his first deduction and neither is there for the third. The eternal recurrence might therefore very well not exist at all or be a spiral instead of a circle - spiralling up... or down.

Pray that I am right and he was wrong. ^^
LordZsar1 is offline                         Send a private message to LordZsar1
Old 05-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

His name is actually Clif High, not Chris, and he maintains a website here. I just spent a few minutes reading some of his posts, and I gotta say, he sounds like a good old-fashioned nutwad. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #9
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

he does sound liek a crack addict.

We ate the horse.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

A few years back it was predicted, nay, shouted out everywhere, how we'd all be toast in 2019. Shorty after there was an alarming silence in all the newspapers as the scientists postphoned Armaggeddon to 2060 (give or take a few years). Nostradamus wasn't very clear, these scientists were, on both occations, and noone cares anymore about 2060 (still give or take a few years). We're too worried about 2012 coz we've seen it happen.

We enjoy the scare and some people are entertainers.

(PS: I'd be more than a little surprised if Earth lasted as long as the Sun. Unfair? No, not really, it has been in small print, part of the deal since day one. We will be toast.)