Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #41
???

If Gnos reads this forum again, I can help...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gnos @ Jun 3 2005, 09:21 PM) [snapback]114599[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I found this forum out of a desperate search. I recieved this game on a demo disk some years ago, and fell in love with the song called 'Order' on it, my interests are that song entirely. I am tryin to find out who did the score. If you have the information concerning the song, any at all. Please email me at gnostkos@gmail.com I would appreciate any and all information concerning the song and or the composer(s) of said song. Thanks for your help.
[/b]

Old 02-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #42
Sunk

I seem to have an odd problem; the cops dont do anything. Sure, theres a note at the beginning of my turn that a cop crackdown has occured, but nothing more. No cyborg-death-fascist-cop-of-doom, no nothing. My gangers can just hang out, having fun, causing chaos, nothing happens. Takes away a lot of what the game is all about, I think. Any ideas? I tried patching it, still the same.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #43
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

It's not a bug... it really takes quite some push before the cops will intervene. First you'll get the crackdown message, and only if you keep chaosing really hard (or if an opponent snitches on you) the cops will arrive.
You will often get the crackdown message because your gangs just happened to chaos slightly more than usual (a high 'roll' in the random generator) but that's usually not enough for the cops to intervene since the next turns your gangs will chaos less again.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #44

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ Mar 2 2007, 08:27 AM) [snapback]281569[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It's not a bug... it really takes quite some push before the cops will intervene. First you'll get the crackdown message, and only if you keep chaosing really hard (or if an opponent snitches on you) the cops will arrive.
You will often get the crackdown message because your gangs just happened to chaos slightly more than usual (a high 'roll' in the random generator) but that's usually not enough for the cops to intervene since the next turns your gangs will chaos less again.
[/b]
Thanks alot! Should've read the manual more thoroughly, perhaps

Old 06-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #45
The Punisher
Abandonia nerd

Anyone know how I can contact John K Morris ?
This is seriously important.
The Punisher is offline                         Send a private message to The Punisher
Old 06-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #46
The Evil Creampuff

I remember spending HOURS playing this game, it was so damn cool. I'm so happy that they're remaking it as well, I really can't wait.
The Evil Creampuff is offline                         Send a private message to The Evil Creampuff
Old 07-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #47

:wallbash: I am looking for a patch for this game. Tried the 1.1patch but still crashes or says disk not loaded? Plays fine on ME with patch but not on XP. Is there a XP patch?

Old 08-10-2007, 10:09 AM   #48
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Very (very) doubtful.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #49
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Strange, I'm able to run it straight in Win XP. The only option I pick is to run it in a 640x480 window.
- Did you try to add the registry key (not sure whether I've done this, but it may make a difference when you do/don't use it)
- How about Dosbox?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #50
hpereira
Lurker

Default Playing Chaos Overlords from CD on newer Windows

Hey guys,

I love this game and have the original CD but don't know how to play it on newer versions of Windows from the CD. Whenever I try to install the game it just says "This game requires Windows 95". Is there anything I can download or do to be able to run the CD? I have Windows 98 and XP.

Cheers, Rob

Last edited by hpereira; 04-12-2007 at 09:29 AM.
hpereira is offline                         Send a private message to hpereira