Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #151
chronochief

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cremz @ Feb 9 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]278492[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ok, thanks for the advice. I've finally obtained all the moonstone. So, is this really all of them?
[/b]
That's all of them - there's eight all up. (Eight moonstones, eight shrines, eight towns, eight virtues.. you get the drift)
chronochief is offline                         Send a private message to chronochief
Old 03-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #152
Mane

Great game even today Is there any way to change items between characters? Dropping and picking is so slow and irritating

Old 27-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #153
Laeinea

Send a message via Yahoo to Laeinea
Thumbs up

Quote:
disk error! function:5, error: 6 savegameobjlist[/b]
Anyone seen the above? Using dosbox to play Ultima6 and as soon as I get past the opening graphics (saved by Dupre, Iolo, and Shamino MY heroes... :wub: ) I get the above error, no idea how to fix it, any suggestions?
Laeinea is offline                         Send a private message to Laeinea
Old 28-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #154
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sounds like it might be a corrupt copy.
That, or check if some (or all) of game files weren't marked as "read only".

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-06-2007, 06:04 AM   #155
mika
Games Master

Did you create a new character using install.exe?
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 29-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #156
Laeinea

Send a message via Yahoo to Laeinea

Thanks for your replies, I did get it figured out, I had forgotten to use install.exe first so my system wasn't set up correctly. LOL
Laeinea is offline                         Send a private message to Laeinea
Old 30-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #157
mika
Games Master

Hey no problem, just enjoy the game
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #158
silz
Abandonia nerd

This is a good game. I have just finished it. Whatever, you do don't rush it and you will enjoy the game more. You can follow the hints but don't set a guideline that you have to do this by today. It only makes you more frustrated.

Anyway, I have just started playing Ultima 7 and I feel I'm gonna like this game more. I mean there's no more typing key words for more clues. In terms of keying in keywords for clues Ultima 5 feels better (not to forget the theme sounds nicer, i played the Amiga version btw). In Ultima 6, I feel more like a obligation to type the keywords in since its colored in red as we "know" that word will unlock some mysteries. :tai:
silz is offline                         Send a private message to silz
Old 17-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #159
Zandar

It seems this sub forum is quite old so I think I might be able to get a few questions answered here. I read through almost the entire forum, so if I am asking questions that already been answered please let me know. I have a newer PC running vista. I am using dos box (the latest version i think) I have no problem running the game. it the performance I wish to tweak. The game runs pretty smooth but there is some minor slow down when the game loads new scenes and text bubbles. Are there any solution for newer Pc to this problem. I can live with the minor slowdown, brings back memories of playing games on an old 386 when 386's were obsolete.
The problem I am having which is driving me nuts is some sort of incompatibility with my sound card. I have a basic standard Miles 2d audio card. When I play the game there is this garbeled sound along with the audio. If someone can help me clean this up that would be great! I have only played the ultima games on console systems (american) So I learned of the pc version and thought to emulate it. Well thanks for your time.

Old 18-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #160
Zandar

Ah excuse my post so soon after the last one, there seems to be no option to edit my previous post. I had run the game without running install.exe. I also see that I might need to get the app which slows down windows as well to solve the slowdown problem. I do need help with what to set the audio option to to clear the audio up. when I ran the game before install the audio was of higher quality, but still messed up. Here's to hoping that people still check this topic as that last post was in July of this year. Any help would be great. by the way the copy of the game is from this site as well.