Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-03-2005, 11:43 PM   #31
Canno

I have another question...
when looking at the info screen for a place that you own you see that with one person there you get maggots 1 day. does that mean that you get one a day? i asume it does not sure why i need to ask but i just cant not for some reson... anyway...

to improve how may maggots i get there if i leave a knife there the numbers goes up to 2 or 3 maggots day... but if i leave the knife in the building then if my man gets attcked then does he take it and use it? or does he need one in the building and one in his hand?

I know this might seem not to well written.. but its the best that i can do right now so... i hope its good enough

edit--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I now remember why i wanted to know about the maggots and days thing.

it is this. if my man staying there has the knife in his hand, then under the info screen it shows the pic of the maggots then 1 days.

Now if i leave this mans knife in a building then at the info screen it shows the maggots and 2 days...

So my quetion is this. when it says x# then days does that mean that i get X# of maggots a day or does it mean that it takes X# of days to get 1 maggot.

I hope that clears up that mess i wrote up there ^ :whistle:
Canno is offline                         Send a private message to Canno
Old 18-03-2005, 01:19 AM   #32
Chris
Abandonia Homie

every gang member stationed at a location will use supplies normally, e.g. he needs 1DR food and 1DR water per day. this is no problem, as he can usually harvest 1DR maggots without tools. if you leave him a knife he gets 2DR and therefore a net amount of 1DR. so if the info screen says 4DR of meat, you'll get one piece of meat every 3 days.

(3days*4DRmeat-3DRsupport)=9 --> 1 piece of meat = 9DR

as long as you have only one occupant you'll do fine with that. but sometimes (at higher difficulty levels) you have to station more crew at certain locations. then you will need more (or better) tools and a water pump to satisfy your men's needs.

another problem with this is that you can harvest only one kind of food at a time, and the more tools you provide the less effective these can be used by your men (if you put one rat trap in a site, it will produce 3DR rats. two rat traps produce not 6 but only 4DR).

thus, the most important sites have a strategic location, can provide meat for food and have a medium or big water reservoir.

and you have to place weapons and tools separately. weapons in the fighters inventory and tools in the buildings. the knife is the only item that can be used either as tool or as weapon, afaik.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 18-03-2005, 01:31 AM   #33
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

yeah eagle of fire my notice on gold was meant to be sarcastic of course gold does not worth much in the spirit of the game... but how can i use it?
Old 18-03-2005, 01:20 PM   #34

this might sound n00by, but how do i actually go into a city?

Old 18-03-2005, 01:25 PM   #35

Got it

Old 18-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #36

I've tried entering a name for my save games, but they still don't show up. Is there something else that I'm missing?

Old 18-03-2005, 11:27 PM   #37
Hanzo

How to Save:

1. Fist open "options" on main map
2. Move the mousecursor to "SAV" and leave it there
3. Enter a name for the sav. file
4. Leftclick on "SAV" whre you still have your mousecursor
And that's it really

There I've helped someone, now maybe some one can clarify to me
how to use medics? Do they treat me automaticly? Or do I have to wander
around the main map to get healed?

And a nother thing, the waterpumps, how do they work, and were do they work?
Do I just to leave them in any watersupply and they increase the amount of water
in that location? And is there a difference between manual and that other pump?

Thanks for a great game! (And hopefully some help to..)
Hanzo is offline                         Send a private message to Hanzo
Old 19-03-2005, 01:54 AM   #38
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

For the medics, I thought you needed to have them with you on your team so they could heal your but I am not sure anymore. I don't really know how to use them.

For the waterpumps, I used a hand waterpump to a location with only 1 water per day at the water source and it increased it to 3 a day. I think you need a natural water source tough. The indultrial pump must be better.
Old 19-03-2005, 02:27 AM   #39
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
how to use medics? Do they treat me automaticly? Or do I have to wander
medics heal you automatically, if your constitution is over 50%. when it's below you have to go to a situated medic in a city. this counts for your gang members as well.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 19-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #40
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

anyone knows what's gold for? and how about fur, bible and skul??

(i really can't stop playing this game, wich i find goddamn difficult, even at the easyest level)

and did someone notice that when you right click on a piece of food, it never gives you the same amount of daily ration... it's weird some time a piece of meat gives me 2 or 3 ration and somtimes it gives me 6 or even 9... same thing for the canteen : it cost 3 water to fill it, but it only gives me one DR of water when i use it.

Maxime Landry
Montreal, Québec