Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #51
Guest_Sebatianos_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gimsom @ Jan 29 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]277064[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Here's a short review:
[/b]
I guess that should be put in the comunity review section...

Old 29-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #52

please for the love of god tell me how to do the wire puzzle just give me the naser please i have looked all over and no one will say how its done they just say look at manual or w/e cant you just tell me the order that they go in?

Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #53

Ya know, I really have to wonder if somebody played this game long ago...and the 'ringworld' planted a seed of inspiration for Halo.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #54
dosraider
Dismembered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 11 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]318947[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
...and the 'ringworld' planted a seed of inspiration for Halo.[/b]
You know, teh intehnet is the source of knowledge ourdays, if *IF* you can read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Niven
Quote:
This idea proved influential, serving as an alternative to a full Dyson Sphere that required fewer assumptions (such as artificial gravity) and allowed a day/night cycle to be introduced (through the use of a smaller ring of "shadow squares", rotating between the ring and its sun). This was further developed by Iain M. Banks in his Culture series, which features about 1/100th ringworld–size megastructures called Orbitals that orbit a star rather than encircling it entirely; at this size, rotation to produce 1 g surface gravity also provides day-and-night cycle of cca 24 h as half of the surface faces away from the sun. Similarly, the computer game series Halo is set on ringworld-like megastructures, although the Halo is mere ten thousands of km large.[/b]
And by the way, if you haven't yet, in stead of playing that stupid arcade like game Halo -(that's a personal opinion of mine)- you should read the books. They are good.
And at least you would realise that the Halo ring is an extremely poor wannabe compared to Larry's ring.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 12-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #55
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I've read "Ringworld" a while ago... and you're telling me there's more?
(turbo-boost to local library)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #56
dosraider
Dismembered.

In fact you should also read (even before the Ringworlds) World of Ptavvs and the Protector related ones.
Cause you see, -(even if lots of people think that Stephen King is an amazing writer because he is able to mix main characters from several books together in the Towers series)-, Larry Niven did that long before King, he mixed in fact bits and pieces from several storylines into the Ringworld ones.

Ow, I'm on a gaming board here, sorry, been carried away a bit.
Nevertheless, still good readable books, even if aged a bit.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 24-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #57
HellFire44

I need help.

I saved a game and evry time I try to load a saved game it says

Engine Fatal: Attempt to fixup a pointer with no fixup entry during macro restore()

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
HellFire44 is offline                         Send a private message to HellFire44
Old 13-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #58
me_lobo
Abandonia nerd

Default Running the game

Since I experienced similar problems with running the game that have not been answered yet, here is an alternative procedure for DOSBox users:

1) Unzip the archive into directory which you mount as the C: drive in dosbox (e.g.: C:\DOS\)
2) Run the DOSBox and type
Code:
mount C: C:\DOS\
C:
cd ring
install
3) Install the game into the different directory (e.g. RINGX, if you do otherwise the installation will rewrite the source files and you will end-up with failure). The installation will go over the 100%, but its ok.
4)you should be in the RINGX (or whatever you have chosen) directory, then just type
Code:
ring
to start the game.

Note: works for dosbox 0.72
me_lobo is offline                         Send a private message to me_lobo
Old 29-01-2017, 06:59 AM   #59
feelie75
Default Page 16 of the manual

Since page 16 is missing from the Protection Codes document, i googled it. Here it is:

16 RED ORANGE BLUE YELLOW GREEN

Enjoy!