Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
moogle
Abandonia Homie

As in free no dl price, no monthly fee, zip, and ya, buying like power items with real cash is allowed.

So, whats your favorite? Just out of curiosity...

EDIT: Oh...my....god, my spelling strikes again, Favoirt....
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 24-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

KALOnline.com
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/6489/useallpoint1eh.png
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3338/kal5kk.jpg

Gunzonline.com
Potential. That’s what Gunz has - lots and lots of potential. This fabulous game is still in international beta and therefore many things are likely to change before this game is declared ‘’finished’’. The game is already great heaps of fun, the only problem I have with it is server reliability which is promised to improve as time passes.

Gunz is considered by many, including myself, to be one of the best free MMOGs around. An MMOG is a massively multiplayer online game. This basically means it’s a large multiplayer experience shared with many others scattered around the globe.

Graphics-wise. Gunz is very pleasing, considering the small file size and lack of cost. You can see exactly what I mean at the top right of this page. The menus are easy enough to navigate and the player's HUD is very simple.

This game, like most MMOGs, has a level system. However, unlike most MMOGs, Gunz makes everything much fairer by splitting the players into channels. Low level characters square off against fellow new people in channels for people new to the game. The more experienced gamers are placed in a separate channel. This level organization is a very good idea in my opinion as there are always a few people who try to take advantage of new players. If you do in fact want to face off against somebody outside your level bracket this is very possible, simply move to one of three ‘Free Channels’ which allow players of any level to enter.

The gameplay itself is unique. Most MMOGs have rather tedious gameplay: kill, steal and repeat. Gunz however is much less like other games in its genre when it comes to gameplay. You log in to the client, find a channel and then a server. Servers contain a maximum of 16 players and can run varying game modes - Deathmatch & Gladiator (Melee Weapons Only) seem to be most popular. Basically you’re given your gun and sword and must find and fight any hostiles. Each kill is worth a set number of experience points (XP) depending on the opposing player’s level. Your goal is to earn XP so you can gain levels and "bounty" (the in-game currency). As you gain more bounty you can buy better guns, armour etc. Combat is very engaging. Everything is done with the click and movement of a mouse. Simple. Left click attacks/shoots, while shift blocks if you are using your melee weapon. What makes combat so fun is the slick animations and the ability to dive around your screen dodging bullets, you have the ability to "charge" at enemies as well as running up walls and flipping around. Your fighter is very acrobatic; this is what in my opinion makes Gunz such a fun and engaging experience.

Review by: Magic A.K.A. Sean

http://www.reloaded.org/download/GunZ-Duel/99/
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4707/gunz1598fc.jpg
http://www.4gamer.net/news/image/2004.02/2...152405_3big.jpg

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 24-11-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Poll - What is your favourite free MMORPG?
uh, hate to ruin your fun but where is the actual poll?
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 24-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
moogle
Abandonia Homie

I didn't put it as an actual poll because there are tonsof free MMORPGs out there, and I don't know all of them. But its still a poll in excence.

And, kudos to the nice admin who fixed my spelling, I see theyr british
Old 24-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #5
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by moogle@Nov 24 2005, 09:50 PM
You got me
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 24-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #6
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Quote:
Originally posted by moogle@Nov 24 2005, 09:50 PM
I didn't put it as an actual poll because there are tonsof free MMORPGs out there, and I don't know all of them. But its still a poll in excence.

Dont make me spellcheck your post...
Old 25-11-2005, 02:49 AM   #7
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Danny252+Nov 24 2005, 10:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Danny252 @ Nov 24 2005, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-moogle@Nov 24 2005, 09:50 PM

Dont make me spellcheck your post... [/b][/quote]
Are, ya got me there...
Is all of Kal Online Korean?
Ohhh, looks rather interesting,t oo bad the website is down, until the 25th LOL, I can wait, wil definitely try it though
Old 25-11-2005, 04:11 AM   #8
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

i'd say gunz it could be the most well made FREE mmo out there when completed possiably. I'm just waiting patiently for it to be finished
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 25-11-2005, 04:28 AM   #9
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Guns hates my router...
Old 25-11-2005, 08:53 AM   #10
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Does Kingdom of Loathing count?
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow