Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Opinions opinions.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
morrin has a decent taste, don't try to use your evil techniques into convincing him that graphically shiny big space where is absolutely nothing entertaining in it (unless you count walking as entertaining) is a good game

you should go play wasteland instead
Bah. Thats typical cranky old-gamer talk.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 07-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #13
Tulac
Union Leader

Oblivion is decent with mods, but never mind russ he tends to criticize stuff he hasn't even tried.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #14
CrybKeeper
Game freak

I can't say much about Oblivion yet, but I like Morrowinds game enviroment and rich story lines. Oblivions graphics are one thing, I know to be of epic preportions. I like where Bethesda's goals are with game designs.

There is a trend in game development that follows similar lines as all modern technology- Advanced gadgets come and go, faster than ever before and game designers seem to fix things that did not need fixing, in a quest to advance the design of the game.

Morrowind had a nice A.I. and some mods were quite helpful with NPC dialogue, which was already very rich in content. Add the complex story lines, endless books and hooks of Morrowind with the advanced graphic enviroment of Oblivion,... and you might have gotten a more enjoyable game out of it.

Bethesda took out the elements that made the Elder Scrolls Series great, when they developed Oblivion.

As I said however, I am not completely familiar with Oblivion yet, but plan to purchase Oblivion this week and see how it fares on my Vista Laptop.
CrybKeeper is offline                         Send a private message to CrybKeeper
Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
Chris
Abandonia Homie

The only bad thing I can say about Oblivion is that it has a weak interface, compared to Morrowind. You can clearly see that it was developed for consoles (XBOX?) first and then ported to for the PC. However, it's a good game, and if you consider the budget price, it's worth every single buck.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 08-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Bah. Thats typical cranky old-gamer talk.
I completely agree.

Besides, you're somewhat ignorant if you say "Oblivion has a big world with nothing entertaining to do in it". Seriously. You can even make bears roll down hills.

It has a sense of freedom, and there IS lots to do. You have to find SOMETHING of it entertaining. To my knowledge, you can do just as much - if not even more - than you can in the whole Eye of the Beholder series. Just saying. :|
Old 08-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

Oblivion has only two flaws:
1. Enemies level with you
2. Dungeons(caves, elven ruins, etc.) are generated

Everything else works very good.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 08-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #18
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

I think it has more flaws than two personally, but yeah, it's awesome. I'm a sucker for pretty much anything that includes RPG elements, though... Any type of Action RPG, JRPG, CRPG, SRPG - you name it, I love it. =)

Of course, I have my dislikes when it comes to some of the games within these genres. But the RPG genre and its different elements are bloody brilliant. Actually getting something for sitting there & playing for hours = win.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #19
CrybKeeper
Game freak

I like what I am reading from everyone. I am sure to like Oblivion the same as you Simoneer. I still enjoy, playing through Morrowind after 5 times and still have places in game, left unexplored.

Has anyone checked out my Morrowind shots? It took a few game days to make these:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...othPadd612.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...othPadd613.jpg

Last edited by CrybKeeper; 08-06-2009 at 07:18 PM.
CrybKeeper is offline                         Send a private message to CrybKeeper
Old 09-06-2009, 03:18 AM   #20
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

I guess I will get morrowind and finish it and A few mods to fix the lvlin thing for obvlivion and replay it as a mage.

When I played MOrrowind some strange things happened. LIke Once I sold my armour To a dude and bought better armour from him and He put on the armour I sold to him?

How about in the second town you go to I was talking to this blue dude and he just takes of his clothes and attacks me? And me being on low hp just ran and this dude chased me so far even swam behind me.Wierdness.

Real buggy game and I deleted it when a save game got corrupted and I got Oblivion.

P.S
ROFLMAO Cryb WTF IS THAT?
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug