Old 14-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Cannon Fodder 2

Info: Abandonia, MobyGames

Download(s):Uploaded by: InsaneFury

Last edited by Professor Oak; 12-10-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added alternative link
Tom Henrik is offline                         Send a private message to Tom Henrik
Old 22-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
InsaneFury
Forum hobbit

I'm sorry, I thought this ISO Cellar was meant for ISO's, not UD's RIPS? :P

Here's a proper ISO of Cannon Fodder 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?0njjh25mmdi

Oh, and while you're at it, the ISO to the prequel (Cannon Fodder 1) can be found at [Link removed] :P

Last edited by Paco; 19-11-2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Cannon Fodder 1 is sold
InsaneFury is offline                         Send a private message to InsaneFury
Old 22-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

I originally went to HOTU with a CD ISO because the version they use to have didn't have working sound. But HOTU doesn't allow CD images. The link is a complete CD copy of the game. I did that myself while also removing the CD check and retaining the sound in the game. However, having the actual images is more than welcome and I will add them. Thanks!
Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 22-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
InsaneFury
Forum hobbit

Still, a CD-Rip, no matter how 'full' it is, should NEVER be mistaken for an ISO. Just like 'recompiled' ISO's shouldn't be considered game ISOs by true collectors.

The word 'ISO' is used ambiguously by people. It can mean:
  • ISO vs Rip: a Rip usually has content downscaled or removed, where an ISO has not. So, full CD-Rips (like the one on Underdogs in this case) are usually called ISO because nothing is removed.
  • ISO being a 1:1 image of the source medium. The Cannon FOdder 2 at Underdogs is not a 1:1 image, which is that thing people look for in ISOs anyway.
So hence, I prefer to think of ISO's as the 2nd definition.
InsaneFury is offline                         Send a private message to InsaneFury
Old 22-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #5
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

I agree, but it was never intended to mistaken for an ISO. It's a hacked up version, but that's what they wanted at the time. Where no true ISO is available a Full CD rip (with nothing removed) will suffice. There are other examples of this in the listing. Whenever possible though, 1:1 image is desirable.
Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 22-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
InsaneFury
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gargantuan Orangutan @ Dec 22 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]272371[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I agree, but it was never intended to mistaken for an ISO. (...) Where no true ISO is available a Full CD rip (with nothing removed) will suffice.[/b]
IMO this should not be considered the proper way of conduct in the ISO Cellar. Why it was never intended to be mistaken for an ISO, then why allow rips in the ISO cellar? The site itself does a great job at offering rips already...
Old 22-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #7
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

The point of this project is provide the complete game to those who want it. A 1:1 image is often the best way to do this. There is no other point in having an 1:1 CD image (usually) other than having the complete game. A Full CD 'rip' with nothing removed serves this purpose just as well. Surely you can understand that enough to satisfy your arguable mind.

There's a good reason to have either or both when available since the Full CD version is more convenient and complete. Obviously the bias is toward the CD image though.

We are not linking to Abandonia cd-rips here if they're incomplete in any way.

BTW, if you don't like how this going to be conducted because it doesn't satiate your niggles, you can always not use it. This thread is not the place for this discussion anyway. Go here, and stop cluttering this thread up with non technical issues and non praise to the uploader. Please reacquaint yourself with the Rules again. Also, you're not suppose to provide links in the game thread itself, but I let that slide.

-GO
Old 22-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #8
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Actually, he is allowed to supply links in the game thread. It is already covered in the request post. And none of these posts are cluttering the forum. They address the status of the ISO and semi-ISO, and make it clear for users what they are.

Someone needs to calm down a bit here.
Old 22-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #9
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

I'm just trying to follow your rules Tom, even though it's supposedly a forum led by me. Which is it anyway?

Here's what you say in the Request thread, "The AB crew will create appropriate game topics as new games and links are shared via this topic, or move new links to the initial post of the respective games."

You seem to have your own philosophy about all this, and I'm perfectly aware InsaneFury's views reflect yours more than mine. Whatever happened to the 100 post rule that you and Kosta wanted? InsaneFury is not a VIP, a moderator, or admin.

Edit:

Insanefury, I apologize for the tone of my previous post. It just seemed like you're already trying to usurp my position here. This is a new forum, with rules that are barely understood at this point. As a result, it's not your fault. Feel free to petition for change if you think it's necessary. But since both parties will be satisfied with respective download links I don't see why what you're saying is even an issue.
Old 23-12-2006, 12:13 AM   #10
InsaneFury
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gargantuan Orangutan @ Dec 22 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]272400[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Insanefury, I apologize for the tone of my previous post. It just seemed like you're already trying to usurp my position here. This is a new forum, with rules that are barely understood at this point. As a result, it's not your fault. Feel free to petition for change if you think it's necessary. But since both parties will be satisfied with respective download links I don't see why what you're saying is even an issue.[/b]
No offense taken, as I'm sure neither did you.

Having dealt with old games for the majority of my age here, it's just that I would really want for this new forum to work, which is why I might have gotten carried away with the subject at hand. However, since Abandonia usually also offers CD-Rips for download (which per definition means a 'complete game', unless the original contains CDA tracks), I expected this ISO Cellar to be primarily created for serving true 1:1 copies of the original media. After all, there's no added value of downloading a cd-rip, when people coming to the ISO Cellar forum are looking for ISOs. Re-name the forum otherwise, to 'ISO and CD-Rips' or something, yet keep in mind this might upset the true ISO collectors such as myself. :P

Oh, and feel free to edit/change this topic in any way, as I'm sure the ISO Cellar forum would benefit greatly from having this kind of discussion conducted in the open, as oppose to inside a game ISO thread: it would both un-clutter the game ISO thread of offtopic chatter, as well as move the topic to a place that's more open for discussion.