Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #41
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Seems like there's more remakes on the way

http://kotaku.com/5294555/lucasarts-...enture-remakes
Maybe, they finally understood that it's a good way to make some easy money, and make happy the fans, too!

Now I'm waiting also for a LOOM remake...
Old 20-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #42
Erich Zann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintopotere View Post
Maybe, they finally understood that it's a good way to make some easy money, and make happy the fans, too!

Now I'm waiting also for a LOOM remake...
Noooooooooooo leave poor old Bobbin Threadbare alone, he's done you no harm !

Seriously, there is really something about this kind of reaction which, despite my best efforts, I cannot fathom.
It gives me the feeling that a lot of people play these old jewels in spite of their production.
I play them first and foremost because they are awesome but also because of their production. I love the graphics of Loom, of Monkey Island, of Indy 3, of the Case of the Serrated Scalpel... Am I the only one ?

Nothing to do with the fact that I find the remake visually awful as I said before, that's another matter. I'm really wondering about this enthusiasm about mere liftings. I like'em natural.
Erich Zann is offline                         Send a private message to Erich Zann
Old 21-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #43
nem75

From the Kotaku item:

Quote:
"If this sells, there's no one at this company who doesn't want to do these games" says Lucasarts' Brooks Brown. "It's a matter of showing that there's interest and this market is alive and get people as excited as possible about Monkey Island Special Edition to show that these things can make it".
Not trying to get anyone's hopes down (hell, I'd buy remakes of Full Throttle and The Dig in a heartbeat), but to me this is just a way of saying "we will never do more remakes, if Monkey Island Special Edition does not launch surprisingly with more than 50000 copies sold its first week", and I would not hold my breath for that happening.

Of course I'll be happy as a three-headed monkey if things turn out for the better, but that's just my take on it for now.

(Also keep in mind that Brooks is "only" the Community Manager, not a decision-maker at Lucasarts.)
nem75 is offline                         Send a private message to nem75
Old 21-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #44
riccso
Failboat guest

OMG OMG OMG GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME(without Guybrush's ugly haircut)
They're using the voices of MI3,I loved 'em :thumbs:
And that Swordplay game on lucasarts's site...lol.

And DON'T make the series in 3D...It was good for Sam n' max but for MI...
Old 23-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #45
red_avatar
Administrator

The attitude Lucas Arts has, bugs me on several levels:

a) so they decide things, AGAIN, on a single game. They canceled Sam & Max 2 in the past despite the episodes doing really well which showed they made a bad decision - AND S&M2 would have been released for consoles as well while the episodes were far more PC oriented. People do NOT want Adventure games that require a gamepad or cursor keys to use - it's annoying and slow.

b) I think that most people who love Monkey Island have already completed the first game plenty of games but wouldn't find the remake to be worth a lot of money and knowing LucasArts they will retail it at at least 30 euros. I might still get it but many people may not despite them loving the game.

It's funny - it's the ideal time to release adventure games. What with the Wii being a family machine, adventure games would do really well there. Broken Sword has already been released and so have the Sam & Max episodes so why not make some NEW adventure games?

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 01-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #46
ZD Indyroo
Kangaroo Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Zann View Post
The characters in the remake are so f*cking ugly it makes me sad : just find the haircut designer and slice him open (not to speak of the picture of Guybrush & Elaine in the original link)

And the new stuff looks awful just the same :
That supposed to be the Voodoo lady ???
Yick...

Seriously, what the hell ? Looks like some moronic cross of Grim Fandango and Tim Burton cartoons.
If you're only going to desecrate them, let the dead remain buried.

I know I sound bitter. But I didn't went from enthusiastic to disappointed this fast in a long time.
My god, you're right!

There's something really corny looking about the image.
ZD Indyroo is offline                         Send a private message to ZD Indyroo
Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #47
red_avatar
Administrator

I admit they didn't change Guybrush in a good way. Ironically, I disliked the Telltale version less at first yet it's grown on me and I quite like the new look. When he's animated it fits him.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar