Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #41

Okay, I managed to solve the problem in Ancient World chamber 2-expert. Yes, it was that head-switch that changes the direction of the treadmill. It's very difficult, but can be hit using the power-shoes.

The ant-lion rushes after you after hitting the button, so you'd better be ready for a quick exit.

***Good tip: some creatures can me stunned (made immobile for a few seconds) by your light beam.

-Mobii

Old 13-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #42
tFighterPilot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 24 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]231945[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If you cant use the arrow keys on menu and map
Try Shift + Arrow Key combination

Great Game

When I was little , i didnt know to save so i was used to finish the game in one lunge. I finished in expert years after now. Besides you cant finish the game in Easy mode. Try Expert
[/b]
omigosh! Thanks, it works!

Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #43
The Shekinah
Lurker

Thumbs up Arrow Key Fix

I had the same problem with the arrow keys not working on my laptop. For me, hitting the "break" key fixed the problem. (On my laptop, "break" is Fn+Delete.)

--

Thanks so much for offering this game! It was the first video game I ever played, and I was crazy about it as a kid. I'm amazed at how much of it I remember from back in the day... guess I played it over and over to still know it this well!
The Shekinah is offline                         Send a private message to The Shekinah
Old 12-07-2010, 01:59 AM   #44
punkassbitch
Abandonia nerd

This may be aimed at the young kids but I like it still.
punkassbitch is offline                         Send a private message to punkassbitch
Old 12-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #45
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i couldn't remember the name of this game for the last few years and we had it on the site all the time?
Old 18-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #46
Kwing

I loved Ancient Empires! It was the first video game I ever played, which I think I started playing in kindergarten with my school's old computer. I was 4 at the time, I think. I still think the game is kickass and I'm working on getting it on my computer now!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:26 AM   #47
SonicTheBlueBlur2
Lightbulb Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Bongberg View Post
Hey. I love this game. This is the first game that I ever started playing, back when I was in first grade. :Brain: It brings back a lot of old memories. How can I install this? I downloaded it and dosbox, but when the box comes up like the program is begining, it turns off jut as quick. What else do I need? I have windows xp.
Just drag the AEPROG.EXE file onto the DOSBox icon in Windows Explorer and wait for a
message to pop up that says something like "Open with DOSBox" (the exact wording may differ from computer to computer) This trick is MUCH easier than having to mount folders every time.

Old 15-07-2017, 03:14 AM   #48
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

I really loved this game. It was one of the first that I had on the PC when I was 14 years old. Wow. It seems that the new generation is getting more and more precocious in knowledge and technology!

I liked many of the puzzles and the challenge of protecting myself, attacking to avoid the hostile creatures. A curious thing about the game is that when you try to solve the puzzle and need to shine the light from your mining helmet, it reminds me of the puzzles of the not-so-known LaserTank game. And that light from your mining helmet can paralyze hostile creatures like spiders, ants, and winged toads.

I even became an expert and knew the tricks to avoid losing life energy. Well, if I were to play now, would I be able to leave unscathed until the end of the game? Who knows?

I suppose this game is the best in the Super Solvers series?
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan