Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
Tessere

Question [superspanna] Felix

I've been trying to find an old MS-DOS puzzle game for a while now and it's bugging me no end... perhaps some of you will be able to help!
I was almost convinced the game was called "Felix" but I can't seem to find any information on it (I only get Felix the cat games through web searches!)
The game was a puzzle game, in which you had to navigate a little round man(?), who I believe was green with a little bit of hair, from an entrance door to an exit. Along the way he passes through what looks like yellow grass and as he does so he leaves an empty trail. The "grass" does not grow back so anything that was previously supported by said grass will fall down a square.
I remember there being lots of boulders amongst this grass that would fall on you or trap you should you choose a bad route through.
There were also little alien/pixie things that would come at you once you released them - I think they may have hatched from eggs that you had to try not to disturb?
There were maybe about 12 levels and at the end of each level you got given a code that you could input at the start menu to skip to desired completed level.
Sorry for the sketchy description... my minds a little hazy on the details... but does anyone remember this game?

Last edited by Tessere; 05-04-2013 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Spelling, doh.
Tessere is offline                         Send a private message to Tessere
Old 05-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sounds like one of the Boulder Dash clones: http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/...fset,50/so,1d/

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-04-2013, 03:48 AM   #3
superspanna

Yes I remember it -you're right, it is called Felix. This one, yeah? http://www.bd-fans.com/Images/Felix_big.jpg

I've got a copy on an old floppy disk if you would like me to upload - not sure how to go about it though, I will investigate!
superspanna is offline                         Send a private message to superspanna
Old 05-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Tessere

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspanna View Post
Yes I remember it -you're right, it is called Felix. This one, yeah? http://www.bd-fans.com/Images/Felix_big.jpg

I've got a copy on an old floppy disk if you would like me to upload - not sure how to go about it though, I will investigate!
Yeeees yes yes yes! That's it! Ahh that screenshot brings back memories...

If you do find a way to uplad it that would be incredible, but don't worry if not, at least I know it's definitely called Felix now and can continue my searches without thinking I'm going mad.

Do you happen to know it's release year from your floppy disk copy?

Thanks so much!
Tessere is offline                         Send a private message to Tessere
Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
superspanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessere View Post
Yeeees yes yes yes! That's it! Ahh that screenshot brings back memories...

If you do find a way to uplad it that would be incredible, but don't worry if not, at least I know it's definitely called Felix now and can continue my searches without thinking I'm going mad.

Do you happen to know it's release year from your floppy disk copy?

Thanks so much!
Hooray!

It was released in 1991, written by David Bratton

I've posted it in the offers forum so hopefully can upload it at some point, can't see it available anywhere else.
superspanna is offline                         Send a private message to superspanna
Old 06-04-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
kryt3n
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspanna View Post
I've posted it in the offers forum so hopefully can upload it at some point, can't see it available anywhere else.
Why not just get the game from the page that uses the image you linked?

http://www.bd-fans.com/FreewareMSDOS.html
kryt3n is offline                         Send a private message to kryt3n
Old 06-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
superspanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryt3n View Post
Why not just get the game from the page that uses the image you linked?

http://www.bd-fans.com/FreewareMSDOS.html
Hahaha I didn't see that thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

OK, so is this for AB or for Reloaded?

I'm generally against freeware games on AB but I would put very old DOS freewares on AB, unless it is some amateurish barely working something...
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 06-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The executable itself only gives the authors' name, and that's a dead end far as I can tell.
PROBABLY freeware, but no way to verify that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman